You Know What Today is Folks............

• Start date
  • Replies 163 Comments
  • Views 20,248 Views
What's scary is that someone/some label ponied up at least 75K to make that video. Where did they see potential? The melody? :redx: Her looks? :redx: The lyrics? :redx: :redx:

They musta seen the potential for 25 million youtube hits, good morning american interviews, and last be not least the potential for gambling degens to be discussing her value during the middle of the ncaa tourney

25 million youtube hits for 75k is solid value i'd think

i'm sure they've already recovered their money from advertising

its not 25 million yet Herman

it was 16 when I saw it this morning....

but the point is still valid....

but the questions are still valid......

was there somthing about THIS girl? (doesn't seem so)

obviously not the lyrics, the video was pretty much standard or below for that genre....

so what did these marketing people do? where did they first upload this video? i'd be fascinated to know their war room ideas, and then see the actual implementation.

could we get a crew of gambling forum "marketers" to make Patty's hairbrush lip sync vid the next viral sensation?

and maybe next year we'll have Patty on stage with Justin Bieber at the grammy's or somthing?

Who's that black fella in the vid? Is that an actual guy? I hope he was well paid because any street cred he ever hoped for is up in smoke.

Who's that black fella in the vid? Is that an actual guy? I hope he was well paid because any street cred he ever hoped for is up in smoke.

good point, I almost always turn the vid off before he gets there....( full disclosure...i've watched it now like 60 times)
I like the innocent sorta mexican winnie cooper look......

not the slutted up non seat belt wearing make up wearing chick

I guess I am responsible for a half dozen of the however-many million hits it has gotten. I kept coming back to watch it in bits and finally decided I had to watch it start to finish.

It's mind-boggling. I thought Jennifer Lopez was a horrible lyricist. This song makes her look like Cole Porter.

Not that the melody is any better.

There must be a lot of people watching it because they really like it though. That much attention can't just be people checking out the trainwreck.

Wal, you like Savage Garden? You're getting right up there with Bread in the Gayest Straight Man rankings. I'd just love to take you to a PFLAG meeting. :kiss4you:

I would make for a very bad gay dude. I got a short stubby which makes being a top tricky and I got major ass so that makes being a bottom like drilling for oil.

I do like Savage Garden though. The song Truly Madly Deeply touched me at a very sensitive time in my life.

You guys have never had the dilemma of whether to sit in the front seat or the back seat? Remember when life was that simple.

The Bob Dylan cover of Friday is approaching 1 million YouTube hits.

Following controversy surrounding her viral single "Fiday", Rebecca Black was invited to "Good Morning America" on Friday morning, March 18. The internet sensation appeared on the ABC morning show, performing an unplugged version of the single.

In its interview, Rebecca talked about Justin Bieber among other things. "I have Bieber fever, I am in love with Justin Bieber," she gushed. "That would just be...oh my gosh, just thinking of it gives me butterflies. ... Justin, if you're watching this right now, would you do a duet with me? That would be unreal, that would just make my life."

The 13-year-old girl also defended "Friday" which comes under critics' attacks due to its inane lyrics. "It's a catchy song," she said. Talking about criticism over her singing skill, she stated, "I think I have talent on some level, I don't think I'm the worst singer, but I don't think I'm the best singer."

Asked about how she coped with all those harsh words, Rebecca answered, "When I first saw all these nasty comments, I did cry. I felt like this was my fault and I shouldn't have done this, and this was all because of me." She said some of the worst comments which really got her were people telling her to "get an eating disorder" and "cut yourself and die."

But Rebecca might swipe away her tears as Simon Cowell recently confessed he's a fan of her despite those negative talks. In a separate interview with People, the media mogul said, "I love her [and] the fact that she's gotten so much publicity. People are so upset about the song, but I think it's hysterical. I want to meet her. Anyone who can create this much controversy within a week, I want to meet. I love people like that."

"Friday" is currently sitting at No. 31, climbing from No. 69 on iTunes Top 100. Its viral music video has been viewed over 17 million people on YouTube, and now she gets ready for another song. "We're currently writing another song...it does not have to do with weekdays, or months, or numbers or colors. Throwin' that out there," she wrote on Twitter. "My debut album will be released 12/21/2012 - just in time for Christmas!"

2012 confirmed

(Yeah, Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ark)
Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

[Rebecca Black - Verse 1]

7am, waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein everything, the time is goin
Tickin on and on, everybodys rushin
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin in the front seat
Sittin in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

Its Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybodys lookin forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin down on Friday
Everybodys lookin forward to the weekend

Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin forward to the weekend

[Rebecca Black - Verse 2]

7:45, were drivin on the highway
Cruisin so fast, I want time to fly
Fun, fun, think about fun
You know what it is
I got this, you got this
My friend is by my right
I got this, you got this
Now you know it

Kickin in the front seat
Sittin in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

[Chorus]

Its Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Friday, Friday

Gettin down on Friday

Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun

[Bridge]

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I dont want this weekend to end

[Rap Verse]

R-B, Rebecca Black
So chillin in the front seat (In the front seat)
In the back seat (In the back seat)
Im drivin, cruisin (Yeah, yeah)
Fast lanes, switchin lanes
Wit a car up on my side (Woo!)
(Cmon) Passin by is a school bus in front of me
Makes tick tock, tick tock, wanna scream
Check my time, its Friday, its a weekend
We gonna have fun, cmon, cmon, yall

[Chorus]

Its Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Friday, Friday
Gettin down on Friday

Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun

Its Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Friday, Friday
Gettin down on Friday

Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Partyin, partyin (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards

I wish she would tell us what comes after Sunday.