Wtf is going on in San Bernardino?

• Start date
  • Replies 123 Comments
  • Views 7,542 Views
So we should alienate and shun the troops?

If we want to stop violence, we should consider not being such easy tools of our corporate owners.
You have a culture of isolation, where people are desperate to be loved and respected and belong.
Then you have the media pushing the loved and respected troops angle constantly. (Not to mention giving off a dismissive, negative picture of foreign countries and "evil" leaders) ...you figure out the rest.

We're actually following in the footsteps of Abraham Lincoln rather than Jefferson Davis. Why do the modern-day secessionists want to call themselves patriots so badly? The war was lost. Federalism won.

It sure doesn't feel like Federalism won. Federalism requires power shared by the national government and the governments of the underlying federation members or states. IMO there is very little state's authority anymore. In an age where picking up and moving between federation members is even easier than before I would wish for more federalism and less nationalism. Here are the things the federal government does [insert constitution here], everything else that's for the states. Wanna have stand your ground in FL? Great! No late term abortions in Texas? Sounds good to Texans! South Carolina sucks at educating its children? Move to Massachusetts!

Obviously, Lincoln was preserving federalism by keeping the nation and its attendant parts in tact - and determining that the question of slavery was a NATIONAL issue. A tenuous distinction. It seems to me that all too often we forget that that national government is supposed to be on the hook only for a few things, I wish it would stay that way.

Sure come to my house to steal my guns and instead of a burglar you will get an obituary in Sunday paper.

Sure come to my house to steal my guns and instead of a burglar you will get an obituary in Sunday paper.
You better hope your a light sleeper cos as a deep sleeper I know I wouldn't wake up if someone decided to break into my home with evil intent...

Then again if I was truly concerned id have sensors etc installed but that's bordering on paranoid type behaviour...

Well good luck going pass my two dogs when I sleep. May not even have to fire a shot.

Well good luck going pass my two dogs when I sleep. May not even have to fire a shot.
Saulter I get why you feel the need with all the security...

The guys who did this were true sleeper cell material. They even checked out with federal officials etc...

New wave of terrorism which kind of sucks because now you know the gov is going to want to restrict individual freedoms and liberties even more on account of their own ineptness...

Stop supporting the troops. I wish I could express in words how much that hurts to read.

I'm sure most of us wished we lived in a world free from wars. It would be great if there were no need for domestic or foreign military. That is not nor has it been the world we or those before us have lived in.

The men and women who so willingly sign up to serve their countries, who sacrifice, who have been wounded physically and emotionally, who have given their lives fucking deserve their salutes..

If we want to stop violence, we should consider not being such easy tools of our corporate owners.
You have a culture of isolation, where people are desperate to be loved and respected and belong.
Then you have the media pushing the loved and respected troops angle constantly. (Not to mention giving off a dismissive, negative picture of foreign countries and "evil" leaders) ...you figure out the rest.

I'm sure your opinion would change if you had a relative in the service.

Stop supporting the troops. I wish I could express in words how much that hurts to read.

I'm sure most of us wished we lived in a world free from wars. It would be great if there were no need for domestic or foreign military. That is not nor has it been the world we or those before us have lived in.

The men and women who so willingly sign up to serve their countries, who sacrifice, who have been wounded physically and emotionally, who have given their lives fucking deserve their salutes..

you don't need to wish, you need to stop supporting, enabling and glamorizing war.
I'm sure some of these guys want to serve and do whatever noble thing, but to believe they are being used to protect America as opposed to wreck havoc around the world and make everyone less safe, in the service of whatever corporate need, is another great popular illusion.

how is throwing a co-worker a baby shower showing disrespect? The CA couple was shown respect. They just killed 14 people. And the first words out of a political party's collective mouths is "We need more gun control!!!" while preaching at people not to jump to conclusions. They do not deserve any respect now. The policeman who assured a group of scared people that he would willingly take a bullet for them deserves respect out of wazoo.

how is throwing a co-worker a baby shower showing disrespect? The CA couple was shown respect. They just killed 14 people. And the first words out of a political party's collective mouths is "We need more gun control!!!" while preaching at people not to jump to conclusions. They do not deserve any respect now. The policeman who assured a group of scared people that he would willingly take a bullet for them deserves respect out of wazoo.

They need tougher gun control - like Chicago and Detroit.

Yup, can't jump to conclusions. Really hate to upset radical muslims. Maybe the Muslims should stand up more against this behavior as they are getting lumped in with the bad seeds.

I like how the media couldn't show pictures of the female shooter for 2 days afterward.

It sure doesn't feel like Federalism won. Federalism requires power shared by the national government and the governments of the underlying federation members or states. IMO there is very little state's authority anymore. In an age where picking up and moving between federation members is even easier than before I would wish for more federalism and less nationalism. Here are the things the federal government does [insert constitution here], everything else that's for the states. Wanna have stand your ground in FL? Great! No late term abortions in Texas? Sounds good to Texans! South Carolina sucks at educating its children? Move to Massachusetts!

Obviously, Lincoln was preserving federalism by keeping the nation and its attendant parts in tact - and determining that the question of slavery was a NATIONAL issue. A tenuous distinction. It seems to me that all too often we forget that that national government is supposed to be on the hook only for a few things, I wish it would stay that way.

The Civil War was the quintessential battle between Federalists (federalism) and Anti-Federalists (states' rights). If slavery is a national issue, what makes anything else different? Of course, if you want to overturn McCulloch v. Maryland, you might have an argument regarding the 10th Amendment, but that's never going to happen (nor should it). It would decimate all wealth in America, cause massive panic, and sink the world into an economic depression the first world has never seen before - overnight.