Wtf is going on in San Bernardino?

• Start date
  • Replies 123 Comments
  • Views 7,585 Views
You're worried about risking your stepson in some imagined war against Muslims in America.
But you have no problem with sending them to start war in the middle east. :hmm: say that is interesting.

You're worried about risking your stepson in some imagined war against Muslims in America.
But you have no problem with sending them to start war in the middle east. :hmm: say that is interesting.
Is Russia throwing its doors open and welcoming them?

I know the answer.

It's not an imagined war from the Isis perspective.

You are 100%right MF, there are factions within religions. Shouldn't we do due diligence in weeding out the bad apples? What countries have open borders and can take them? If there is no one else, why are we the bad guys here? Since the radical Muslims want to make it their religion against everyone, shouldn't the other Muslims take care of that?

Of course, we should try to weed out the bad apples. Absolutely. We are the bad guys if we don't accept any refugees not only because it goes against our values as a country but because we played a pretty large role in helping to create the situation there. I think other Muslims have to solve the situation in the Middle East. The more we get involved, the less any replacement government has a mandate from its citizens. That's one of the big reasons I don't think we should be sending troops there again.

Of course, we should try to weed out the bad apples. Absolutely. We are the bad guys if we don't accept any refugees not only because it goes against our values as a country but because we played a pretty large role in helping to create the situation there. I think other Muslims have to solve the situation in the Middle East. The more we get involved, the less any replacement government has a mandate from its citizens. That's one of the big reasons I don't think we should be sending troops there again.

We played too big a role, agreed.

Trump just sounds dumb when he speaks on the subject.

Is Russia throwing its doors open and welcoming them?

I know the answer.

It's not an imagined war from the Isis perspective.
Russia is not the one with a plan to destroy all nationhood in the middle east.
Russia for now is a colony, be it a rebellious somewhat belligerent one.
And takes in many refugees that American adventures cause. Millions of Ukrainians for one.

Russia is not the one with a plan to destroy all nationhood in the middle east.
Russia for now is a colony, be it a rebellious somewhat belligerent one.
And takes in many refugees that American adventures cause. Millions of Ukrainians for one.

Then they should have no problem opening their borders for some high-risk Muslims who don't like the Russians because they don't agree with their religious stance, correct?

Here's the real issue. There are people whose faith (to them) means you convert or die. Knock Christians all you want but I haven't seen the Southern Baptist beheading people lately.

MF, don't be obtuse. I was pointing out in the first post that Trump's proposal has history behind it. Matter of fact, it is a law that was passed in 1952 by a Democratic congress and signed into law by a Democratic President and used by a different Democratic President. So all this whining, wailing and gnashing of teeth by the left today is just loud posturing. Nothing more.

I have 6 soon to be 7 reasons to be against bringing in people who do not appreciate our culture, screwed up as it. When your poor "victims" get settled and further organized than they already, they will continue bringing their war to us. They are at war with us whether or not we think we are at war with them. You and all the guys rendering your opinions on this are too old to fight. And I am not willing to risk my stepson, my nephews and grandsons. (Ok...the son and grandson come from Mr. Nina but I claim them and love them. They are mine) And frankly, I am not willing to risk their lives for you. And you have no right to demand that from other people.

You guys have seriously caused this forum to suck the past month. Great job. Merry Christmas.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Southern Baptists in this country lynched and hang people from the trees because of the color of their skin? Were the Southern Baptists expelled from this country for their unpunished crimes?

that was forced assimilation, citizens of crimea were given exactly 1 week to decide if they accepted the russian passport or kept their ukranian ones, penalty of not accepting the russian one was that their right to remain indefinitely on the territory was revoked, people born in that land considered foreigners and requiring visas to just even visit if they would even grant it, of course the majority accepted to remain in their homes

the great majority of people in the battle areas like luhansk and donetsk displaced chose to go to other ukranian cities and not to russia unlike the propaganda videos showing long line of cars crossing the border into russia at the time

taken like that yeah russia took in millions of ukranians but not exactly in a humanitarian way

russia's not so innocent boy either, they have made billions selling weapons used in the syrian conflict

forced assimilation is what the fascists are pushing across all of Ukraine?
I'm pretty confident that when and if Kiev is liberated, mass atrocities will come to light, similar to what happened there during WWII.
The only reason Russia allowed this to happen is because to a large extent it too is currently occupied territory.

oligarchs, the ruling class, who is under control of Western institutions.

Basically Russia is Sparta and USA is Athens.

Putin's power is very limited. I know they try to present him as some powerful evil dictator (which is what they do to whoever presents a problem for em)

Putin's power is very limited. I know they try to present him as some powerful evil dictator (which is what they do to whoever presents a problem for em)

Putin likes to portray himself that way. Nothing wrong with that.

I think many from afar admire strong leadership, unlike Obama.