Workout Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 255 Comments
  • Views 20,832 Views
Sorry to hear Tron.

I’ve broke my right clavicle twice snowboarding.

It wasn’t healing/connecting after the second time.

I had a metal rod with 9 screws put in. Then that thing got uncomfortable after a year or two. Had it removed.

The rod made it heal strong. I can still feel the bone move slightly/occasionally.

To be honest it’s good to hear from someone who can relate.

How long after the accident did you have the metal rod and screws put in? Did lingering pain lead you to have the rod put in or was it suggested after a follow up with orthopedic?

The broken clavicle/rib combo has me counting down the minutes to the next Oxy/muscle relaxers/Advil.

And I was in prime shape for the Vegas trip in 2 weeks. Now I just want to eat cookies.

I broke my clavicle when I was 10. Most painful break I ever had. Fucking awful.

To be honest it’s good to hear from someone who can relate.

How long after the accident did you have the metal rod and screws put in? Did lingering pain lead you to have the rod put in or was it suggested after a follow up with orthopedic?

The broken clavicle/rib combo has me counting down the minutes to the next Oxy/muscle relaxers/Advil.

And I was in prime shape for the Vegas trip in 2 weeks. Now I just want to eat cookies.

It occurred in 04-05. I would wear the brace and it would heal, then tear if I turned around in bed or whatever.

I got annoyed/impulsive and decided to do surgery. In hindsight, I should have left alone and would probably be similar today. Minus the scar.

Tronner I am very sorry to hear that that happened to you man, that's the last thing that you deserve.

Maxer went off for 50/50/72 half assed pushups this morning and 12/12/17 one legged squats. Need some weights at this point.

Diet is pretty much cleaned up, ordered the creatine.

We did get the creatine and the protein

Good lookin out brosephs

Let's get it today

Did a clavicle 10 years ago. Ripped all the tendons and ligaments along with it. Good times Tron man...

Walked 2 hours to get home not knowing the extent of damage with shoulder popped out. Then waited another 3 hours to see if the pain would subside (which the opposite happened haha) before finally deciding to take my stubborn ass to hospital.

Healing was the 2nd most painful experience of my life (no drugs. Won't do drugs).

Anyways, 10 years on and the reason why I stopped gym from the pics posted was because the once torn ligaments were being forced to stretch too much, which created a grade 2 ligament strain.

Will get back to the gym soon but for now we travel 👍

RJ, why is it that whenever I'm in Vietnam the captcha always shows up. Nowhere else in the world has this occurred. Only 'Nam :clueless:

Did a clavicle 10 years ago. Ripped all the tendons and ligaments along with it. Good times Tron man...

Walked 2 hours to get home not knowing the extent of damage with shoulder popped out. Then waited another 3 hours to see if the pain would subside (which the opposite happened haha) before finally deciding to take my stubborn ass to hospital.

Healing was the 2nd most painful experience of my life (no drugs. Won't do drugs).

Anyways, 10 years on and the reason why I stopped gym from the pics posted was because the once torn ligaments were being forced to stretch too much, which created a grade 2 ligament strain.

Will get back to the gym soon but for now we travel 👍

RJ, why is it that whenever I'm in Vietnam the captcha always shows up. Nowhere else in the world has this occurred. Only 'Nam :clueless:

Where in Nam and what are you doing there?

Where in Nam and what are you doing there?
Here on holiday/business. My company conducts business here helping the local economy.

Will PM you as don't want to stray too far from what this thread is supposed to be about..

discrimination, vietnam is among the top 5 countries where hack attempts originate from, firewall settings are set higher for connections from there

should be cookie based, once you have done one it shouldn't ask you again if you don't auto delete cookies

I could whitelist your ip but I see you connect from a bunch of different dynamic ones, so that won't solve it

26 days since my crash and I’m still really sore and uncomfortable. I had surgery about 19 days ago.

I got the metal plate and screws like Blitty. Dr said my clavicle was trashed. I stopped taking RX pain pills 15 days ago. Now I take the 800 mg Ibuprofen’s two or three times a day. I’m surprised at how uncomfortable I am. Start physical therapy tomorrow.

Never thought I’d say this at this stage of my life but.....I may quit mountain biking for good. Too much unpredictability. I’ve missed valuable time with my children that I can’t get back because of this.

Sorry to hear tronner.

Think I did one session of therapy. Didn’t seem to help much.

You might want to consider wearing that brace thing that makes your upper body straighten. Even while sleeping. Will prob be miserable. But worth it in long run to encourage proper healing.

We ended up in the Intensive Care Unit on Monday. I’m still in ICU, actually. Getting discharged today.

Long story short: the doctor who installed the metal plate......one of the screws he installed is compressing a vein. That compression of the vein caused multiple blood clots in my right arm. They couldn’t just prescribe me blood thinners because there were too many clots so I had to have this funky procedure done.

Fok. Now I’ll be looking at another surgery down the road the alter/remove the screws (I think Blitty mentioned he had his hardware removed). I’m looking at 6 months of blood thinners now.

I did pick two baseball winners (Giants Monday night, Rockies last night) from ICU. I wonder if that’s ever been done before, boys?

Gamelive.com

Got extradited for my DUI and spent some time in the clink.

Extradition roughly 4 days each way all over the f*cking place. Horrifying. Prison - horrifying.

Very thankful they are taking it easy on Maxipad.

Fellas - don't go to jail.

But yeah you already knew that.