Who will be the first one to get the virus?

• Start date
  • Replies 324 Comments
  • Views 17,897 Views

Who will get it first?

• Total voters
Well it happened. We had our first positive covid case at the branch where I work.

A young lady apparently got it from her sister. So she's obviously off for some time.

She also has two co-worker friends who have had enough contact that they are keeping them home and having them evaluated. One of those two happens to be the person I interact with more than anyone else in the company.

I'm not saying I'm super concerned for myself but who knows?

So that is the stupid situation over here.

I was playing hockey with a father of a kid that has it Thursday. And the kid himself was in locker room for a minute.
Apparently father test negative, but I'm thinking he might play this Friday. :dunno:

Got my flu shot yesterday for the first time ever. Taking the advice of the medical community was my motivation. Was in the drug store getting my prescription filled and while I was waiting got my shot. No charge, and more importantly with no wait time. As soon as I filled out the form I was called to the room for my date with the needle.

Got my flu shot yesterday for the first time ever. Taking the advice of the medical community was my motivation. Was in the drug store getting my prescription filled and while I was waiting got my shot. No charge, and more importantly with no wait time. As soon as I filled out the form I was called to the room for my date with the needle.

In America (land of the free and home of the brave), Publix Supermarket GIVES you a $10 Publix gift card if you get the flu shot there for FREE

I was at a cvs getting my free shot (which i've read is more effective than the last years left overs we send to canada) and I didn't have my insurance info. No insurance would have triggered a $25 cost but the pharmacist just asked me if I have insurance and when I confirmed she just overrode the charge.

I have never gotten one of those either. Did you felt anything funny?
No, I never noticed anything different , no side effects for me at all.

In America (land of the free and home of the brave), Publix Supermarket GIVES you a $10 Publix gift card if you get the flu shot there for FREE
Very patriotic! Is it limited to one shot per person?

How many flu shots would an American have to get (at Publix Supermarket) in order to earn enough to pay their medical bills?

Tomorrow I have a COVID test to take. Held off the last three days. I’ve been in bed and hoped whatever I have would go away on it’s own. No such luck as of yet.

Very achy. No fever or cough though. Sense of taste definitely diminished.

Wish me luck guys.

How's Julie? You staying far from her?
She got tested today but won’t know her results for 3 days. We are separate in the house. She just brought me dinner. I’ve been alone for 3 days now

Shit, just saw this. Update, Caspy?

You did it?
So Julie called up to see set up my test. Even with the symptoms, they said I needed a referral. I have no idea why this county makes it hard to get a test but I guess they only want to give it to people really sick.

im on day 4 with almost no energy. If I stand up for more than 5 minutes, I’m exhausted. I’m frustrated but people are telling me why get the test at this point.

I don’t have the energy to go anywhere anyway. I’ll just lay here.