What Would You Do?

• Start date
  • Replies 283 Comments
  • Views 15,934 Views
God what a moron.

If you go cash a check for $1200 and receive $2200.

Do you notify them of their mistake or commit the theft?

I have actually had this happen to me. Well the check was for $400, and they gave me $500.

First of all, it is not a theft so get that bullshit out of your mind. At worst it is an oversight. I would walk away with the extra cash because they really have no recourse to determine that it was you. Don't worry about the teller and his/her job, odds are if they are giving extra money away to the tune of an extra grand, something would come up in their career to get them fired soon anyway.

So my advice is to take the cash, and just let it sit for about a month. If they call you and ask about it, make up a story that you didn't count the cash, and they have allot of balls accusing you of something when it was totally their mistake to begin with. If by some chance they say they have proof that they overpaid you, then just say wow, I didn't even notice because I have such trust in your bank, that I wasn't paying attention when the teller counted out the dough, and I just took the money and put it under my pillow.

Mrs. X I totally mistook you for Robyn. :loco: Mrs. X I'm sorry.

Actually, RW, it IS stealing and many people have been arrested for theft and grand larceny because of bank errors that they attempted to keep.

Actually, RW, it IS stealing and many people have been arrested for theft and grand larceny because of bank errors that they attempted to keep.

If you look, I'm willing to bet that they are convicted because of their own stupidity. Meaning that they make statements that are not in their best interest. If it happened to me, I feel confident that at worst I would just have to give the money back, because I know, you admit nothing, I usually don't really even pay attention when they do count it out, and they would have to prove to me that I actually did leave with the cash in a court of law with all of the parameters that it requires.

Is theft worse than:

a gambling addiction?
a cocaine addiction?
openly defaming God as often as possible?
being an alcoholic?

Just asking. I mean if we're going to judge, let's do it. Should we rank these indiscretions?

Is theft worse than:

a gambling addiction?
a cocaine addiction?
being an alcoholic?

Just asking. I mean if we're going to judge, let's do it. Should we rank these indiscretions?

Yes theft is worse than all of these.

Is openly defaming God as often as possible really even on the bad side? Jesus, you people are fuckin harse for Christ sake.

Is theft worse than:

a gambling addiction?
a cocaine addiction?
being an alcoholic?

I think the thread moved on from the moral aspect just after page 1 with little comment on it. Now we're discussing the intelligence of someone to admit to not only doing it to people I presume are strangers to him but followed by proving the exact time/date/location of where he did it in case anyone thinks he shouldn't get away with it.

I think the thread moved on from the moral aspect just after page 1 with little comment on it. Now we're discussing the intelligence of someone to admit to not only doing it to people I presume are strangers to him but followed by proving the exact time/date/location of where he did it in case anyone thinks he shouldn't get away with it.

I agree. Nothing hypocritical about blasting someone when you're morally superior...

It's fucking laughable.

Where the hell is Jimmy Swaggert when you need him?

How long would a game of chess last between Broke Lenders and Fishhead?

Months? Years? May 21, 2011?

:retarded:

maybe my english is not so good and I am not understand right

is cougar bait defending brocky?

cougar we aren't judging brocky for the theft, we are laughing at him for being just stupid

the landers guy is a retard

good morning my friend, roguejuror

maybe my english is not so good and I am not understand right

is cougar bait defending brocky?

cougar we aren't judging brocky for the theft, we are laughing at him for being just stupid

Not defending what he did. I wouldn't have kept the money.

I am trying to make a point and I think it's fairly easy to understand...see post 46.

His biggest mistake was making a thread about it.

:hug::cripwalk:

Cougar, I'm not sure that anyone claims to be morally superior. Maybe Nina does, I can't speak for her. Cougar we're all functional fuck-ups in one way or another - I just think it takes a special kind of talent to stand out that much among such a crowd.

Cougar I think you may not have a complete picture of Brock Landers. Cougar Brock has volunteered a lot of info about him over the years, info that gives a whole new dimension to this latest exploit. Cougar I don't have time right now but I might dig up the relevant posts later.

Let me leave you with this Cougar - you obviously felt some kind of shame while telling the tale of your ingenious Blockbuster scam a while ago. If not shame, at least there was some restraint to your tale.

Your friend Brock tells his feats with all the incredulous naivety of a 4-year-old who discovers that he can pee in the shower and suffer NO CONSEQUENCE AT ALL! Try it Cougar! :highfive:

Matty I don't disagree with you, and I don't claim to really know who Brock is

Just can't stand the turning-your-nose down hypocrites...