Welcome to GameLive forum v2

• Start date
  • Replies 146 Comments
  • Views 10,078 Views
Juror, please go back in threads and delete any posts with sarcasm in them. TY.

Are you 100% certain?

:bee:

Confirmed by not just one but two DNA tests. 🤝

Twin bro and I took the Ancestry test and we show up as "Self/Twin" on each other's profiles.

I suppose my wife could've cheated on me with my twin. Genetically speaking, it would be immaterial - we shoot out the same stuff.

Are you 100% certain?

:bee:

tenor.gif

@Matty, did you ever read Graham Greene's short story titled "The case for the defence" involving identical twins?

No but I vaguely remember a crime story where a guy framed his identical twin. That's fokked up.

Apparently science *can* distinguish twin DNA if it has to but it's pretty hard to do?

The story was a bit different. It is just over two pages if you want to: http://blog.oe10.dk/documents/1170715356.pdf

Yeah, they can distinguish the DNA of twins but it does not seem to be easy or cheap.

The human genome consists of a three-billion-letter code," says Georg Gradl, their next-generation sequencing expert. "If the body is growing, or an embryo is developing, then all the three billion letters have to be copied.

"During this copying process in the body there are 'typos' happening," says Gradl, referring to slight mutations.

In standard DNA tests only a tiny fraction of the code is analysed - enough to differentiate between two average people, but not identical twins.

Gradl and his team took samples from a pair of male twins and looked at the entire three-billion-letter sequence, and they found a few dozen differences in their DNA.

The scientists also tested the son of one of the men, and found he had inherited five of the mutations from his father. Having analysed the results, they are confident that they can now tell any twin from another, and from their children.

Confirmed by not just one but two DNA tests. 🤝

Twin bro and I took the Ancestry test and we show up as "Self/Twin" on each other's profiles.

I suppose my wife could've cheated on me with my twin. Genetically speaking, it would be immaterial - we shoot out the same stuff.
After I posted I thought that maybe you might be offended, but that wasn't my intent, so thanks for not being annoyed, pal.

Plommers brain has been acting up lately, inappropriate comments out of nervousness or something.

Here's an example. Yesterday I was allowed to attend at a local funeral home for the viewing of my buddy and next door neighbor who died Friday.
Before being allowed in the funeral director was taking temps of people as they entered using an infrared (gun type) thermometer. After he gets my temp he okays me to proceed and then as he is taking the temp of the next guy by pointing it at his head I say " good that there are no bullets in that thing" and after I said it out loud the voice in my head said to me "Why the fuck did you say that?" Thankfully the funeral director just ignored my comment and the old guy must not have heard. Inappropriate and uncomfortable.

No offense taken. Gamelive used to be all about breaking balls and shitposting. I miss those days (RIP Bread).

I make inappropriate comments all the time. I'm generally unpleasant to be around unless you like uncomfortably blunt jokes.

que paso guey?

none of my bookmarks are working

had to re-save them

caused me 7 seconds of inconvenience

I have GL link saved on MacBook and iPhone.

Just today they both said "Oops link is bad".

Was easy to redo them, just letting you know.

Oh that must have been a browser glitch. Nothing I can do there.

On both laptop and phone? Guess it’s an Apple thing

Yeah Apple likes to sync stuff with phone and macs. I imagine something like when it was retrieving the favorites icon of the website, the site timeout at that moment leaving the browser with a glitched bookmark that got sync to the phone as well. Or something like that.

On the next MacOS update, version 11 Big Sur, they are going to integrate iOS and MacOS even more, MacOs will look more iOS-like and you will be able to run all the iOS apps on the desktop.

Big Sur: the most amazing town I’ve been to on the planet. Even better than Lake Tahoe.

why don't people sleep on waterbeds anymore?