Vote for shanty and Bateman to win a free Costa Rica trip

• Start date
  • Replies 54 Comments
  • Views 4,499 Views
There's definitely something not quite right about Shanty. He's been posting on English language message boards for years and yet his style never evolves, which leads me to believe it's entirely an affectation. Writing, like most organic processes, is in a constant state of evolution and change, and while occasionally Shanty changes his style it always reverts to classic Shantyism, like an actor realizing he accidentally broke character.

Certain elements of his style make no sense, either. He knows enough grammar to end his sentences with a period most times, but seldom adds a space before the next sentence. Then all of a sudden he'll add a space before the period. And the 1s at the end of the exclamation points, sometimes that happens naturally, but he puts them in every post on purpose. Why? Because it's all part of the act.

In the end it doesn't matter one way or the other. Whoever is doing the Shanty posts is expending a lot of effort into looking pathetic, and that tells you everything.

rs you are flat out wrong

you remind me of someone handicapping a sporting event who is analyzing a limited set of factors and not seeing the enormous implications of others

shanty is 100% real

i never do internet bets but on this one I would. tell me what proof you need and when you need it by and name your odds, as long as the payoff on my end is a few hundred

(obviously if it will cost me more to get the proof than I would win, I'm not gonna do it)

Sorry Pally, I don't have enough invested in this to really care one way or the other. Belittling Shanty-mania and its adherents is too much fun, I'd hate to see a little thing like proof end the debate once and for all.

rs you are flat out wrong

you remind me of someone handicapping a sporting event who is analyzing a limited set of factors and not seeing the enormous implications of others

shanty is 100% real

i never do internet bets but on this one I would. tell me what proof you need and when you need it by and name your odds, as long as the payoff on my end is a few hundred

(obviously if it will cost me more to get the proof than I would win, I'm not gonna do it)

good say pally keep up !

Is Shanty-mania in full effect today!!!???? HURRAH! YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP!!!!

:muddy::love::clap:

There's definitely something not quite right about Shanty. He's been posting on English language message boards for years and yet his style never evolves, which leads me to believe it's entirely an affectation. Writing, like most organic processes, is in a constant state of evolution and change, and while occasionally Shanty changes his style it always reverts to classic Shantyism, like an actor realizing he accidentally broke character.

Certain elements of his style make no sense, either. He knows enough grammar to end his sentences with a period most times, but seldom adds a space before the next sentence. Then all of a sudden he'll add a space before the period. And the 1s at the end of the exclamation points, sometimes that happens naturally, but he puts them in every post on purpose. Why? Because it's all part of the act.

In the end it doesn't matter one way or the other. Whoever is doing the Shanty posts is expending a lot of effort into looking pathetic, and that tells you everything.

The 1111's are intentional, he picked up on the fact that we were adding them deliberately when replying to him.

And it's obvious that shanty gets to use little to no English on a daily basis. Of course his English isn't going to improve much over the years.

Can't believe that people still don't believe he's real. Some of us have got more than enough proof, never mind the fact that he gave a long interview to Loshak. (Good job Nicky Santoro!)

Mattr Rain you are being naughty with your signature! I love it when you get frisky.

Yours isn't so bad either Breadipoo.

Yea we cunts.

Let me tell you why Shanty is not real. He has never typed an Urdu word in his postings not even by accident. For someone who barely speaks English it is quite shocking he never mixes his native language with English. If you watch them interviewing illegal immigrants on TV for every English word they utter they utter 3 Spanish, Russian, Arabic words or whatever is their native language.

He is funny as hell but he is not real.

pavy how does one accidentally type urdu with an english keyboard :clueless:

pavy how does one accidentally type urdu with an english keyboard :clueless:

I can type Greek with English characters (malakas).

Also if you saw the Loshak interview you could tell he was not speaking with an Indian accent.

Pavy do you mistakenly utter Greek words sometimes?

I accidentally utter Bermudian words often, so you might be onto something here.

:clap:

Here we go encore une fois.

Fisch, do not question Pavy. He is an engineer, god dammit!

Peter (scholar). Just as Matty said, shanty once mentioned in a post that he uses the 1's because we were using them with him.

I am astounded that people actually believe that SBR went through all of the trouble to invent a fake shanty interview. Wow. H8r's just need to fuck off and stay out of the shanty threads. The end.

right, but it wouldnt be an accident. this is fundamentally different than what you were describing before.

Also if you saw the Loshak interview you could tell he was not speaking with an Indian accent.

:clueless:
i saw the interview. and he clearely IS speaking with a PAKISTANI (vice indian) accent.

lol, wow.

Nobody could fake an interview like that.

But we really do need that transcript.