The Blue Jays tho

• Start date
  • Replies 207 Comments
  • Views 15,462 Views
Blue Jays have returned to the undependable, just-not-quite believable crew that we saw for so much of the season. Oh well, maybe they can pull one out tomorrow behind Sanchez while I prepare UPS freight.

I wonder how much cash Bautista has cost himself on the free agent market with his showing-every-minute-of-his-age season. I was surprised to hear an announcer refer to his outstanding arm in right field.

Dude, that was a year and a half ago.

Cleveland, kinda liked them, back when they had Albert "don't call me Joey" Bell.
Always hated the Dodgers, fok off Tommy ya fat bastard
Cub fans are gay (no offense Cali)
neutral on Toronto.
like Texas, but can't stomach the thought of rooting for the same team as the Bushes.

..so yeah, I'm cool with the Indians going all the way.
...Actually watched a couple of innings on an 8 foot hd tv at DL at Planet Hollywood last week and I've concluded baseball is not that terrible when watched on extremely impressive televisions.

I don't mind Cleveland actually. I don't mind the Cubs. I have been wanting the Cubs to lose but more out of fear than dislike.

Dodgers can go the fuck away.

You Dodgers get off my lawn!

:mudcat:

Clevelands team batting average so far in the ALCS: .194

:chickendance:

This is crappy baseball. Thank God it's hockey season, n'est-ce pas Tron?

the Colorado Pit game was mighty fun. Looks like Colorado got a few Russians now, and a coach who I can't recognize. He looks about that age that if he ever played in the nhl I would recognize him :dunno:

How's Radulov looking overthere? The west is full of mostly uninteresting teams, I wish there was more games vs East teams I could go see here.

Radulov's been pretty intense. No point yet but he's looking good.

i was hoping cle would sweep for texas revenge.

cle knocked out raptors in round before championship and soon cle knocks out jays in round before championship?

USA USA USA USA

WE THE SOUTH

Pretty good times for Mark Shapiro who contributed a ton to building that Cleveland team and now has run the Jays for the full season.

Bada-boom - seems like those are the two teams in the ALCS. Good advertisement for, you know, him.

Must be all a-glow these days, that guy.

Got a chuckle during the one game in Cleveland when they cut to a shot of animated cheering fans and the announcer sez, "And there's Lebron James and . . . other members of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Yeah, no, I didn't know which ones they were either.

Andrew Miller is someone who doesn't like fun. Throws a couple pitches and goes home.

Fuck that guy.

14670648_10157686783690038_2163300755604312327_n.jpg

I will be interested to see what happens with the team. There will be significant changes and it can't help but get younger.

Dickey and Joaquin Benoit will be gone. I assume someone - not the Jays - will overpay for Bautista and Encarnacion. Not sure what Grilli's status is but I feel like we wringed every last bit of over-achieving he had left in him and he can go away now.

Mark Shapiro - let's see what you got.

I had kinda forgotten about the beer tossing incident at the wildcard game. Here's what happened a few days ago:

Blue Jays beer-throwing suspect no longer works for Postmedia
October 17, 2016 10:15 am
The Canadian Press

A man who was charged after allegedly tossing a beer can towards a Baltimore outfielder during a high-intensity Blue Jays playoff game is no longer employed at Postmedia, the media company he worked for.

Ken Pagan was charged with mischief earlier this month after surrendering at a police detachment in downtown Toronto.

He is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 24.

The 41-year-old Hamilton man was an employee at Postmedia Network Inc., and an online profile listed him as a sports copy editor.

But a Postmedia spokeswoman said Monday that Pagan had left the company.

Georgia Sourtzis would not elaborate on the circumstances of Pagans departure, but the company had said earlier that it was conducting an internal investigation following the beer-tossing incident.

A can thrown from the stands at a Jays game on Oct. 4 narrowly missed Baltimore Orioles player Hyun Soo Kim as he made a catch.

The toss triggered a social media frenzy as many analyzed photographs and video footage from the game to figure out where the can had come from.

Toronto police released a photograph of a person they called an unsportsmanlike fan as they investigated the throw, and Pagan confirmed to The Canadian Press that he was the person in the picture distributed by authorities.

Pagan also told the Toronto Sun he was drinking out of a cup during the game.

Pagans lawyer has said his client is presumed innocent and is going to wait until court to have his say.