The Blue Jays tho

• Start date
  • Replies 207 Comments
  • Views 15,536 Views
That's The Toronto Sun by the way. Postmedia.

:nelson: Toronto Sun

Furthermore:

In addition to facing criminal charges and losing his job, Mr. Pagan is not welcome at the Rogers Centre, said spokesman Sebastian Gatica.

A new season is sneaking up on us. Please god let there be not-so-much endless gab and hand-wringing about innings limits this year.

From a Blue Jays perspective, I am not sure what to expect. I heard a couple of impartial, non-Toronto experts gabbing about the Jays' - and they both projected them around .500 for the season. One guy I think landed on 79 wins as his prediction which is below .500.

I say bullshit. I think the Jays are better than that. The top of the rotation looks good. Obviously we hope for a pleasant surprise or two from depth guys. If Jose Bautista could return to his average offensively, that would be big. Hopefully there is progression and not a sophomore jinx from Joe Biagini. That would be so important to the bullpen.

But who knows? There are question marks for sure. I'd kinda prefer to never see Melvin Upton at the plate again. The bullpen is full of uncertainty (but the Jays are far from the only team in that boat.) I could go on and on.

Injuries blah, blah, blah.

The Red Sox are clearly pretty scary within the division right now - but I don't see them as the unstoppable juggernaut that some do. Papi is gone. Price might be declining (but then again he might not). But they do have Sale. And then after that they got a bunch of guys in the rotation like the Jays where, if they pitch like their best year, great - but if they pitch to their average ---> not so scary. Cy Young winner Rick Porcello is the prime example of that.

But then same can be said of J.A. Happ.

Dunno. Looking forward to it. Go Jays!

Josh Donaldson is on crutches.

:facepalm:

The Blue Jays powers that be are talking about Justin Smoak as our everyday first baseman.

:facepalm:

Just remembered, I had a dream last night. I was watching Aaron Sanchez pitch - and he kept making these offerings where the ball would sweep beautifully, majestically into the strike zone - and the batter wouldn't swing - but he wasn't getting any calls from the ump. Over and over. He bombarded the strike zone from all angles.

No calls.

Damn I was mad.

The season is almost upon us. My assessment:

If you take everyone who has looked really good in the spring and assume they will continue to look like that all year - and you disregard everyone who has been crap during the spring because spring training performances don't mean a fucking thing so they'll be fine ---> the Jays should be really great.

On the day before the season opener: I definitely don't mind that the Jays have released Melvin Upton Jr. A full season of watching that guy close his eyes and swing at pitches ---> I was not looking forward to it.

However Roberto Osuna going on the DL - after having a crap WBC and grapefruit league spring ---> it is not giving me warm fuzzies.

Francisco Liriano's ERA at this point in time: 1135.00

:handshake:

Francisco Liriano's ERA at this point in time: 1135.00

:handshake:

no he is ten times less bad than you are suggesting, sir

135.00 ERA

J's got 4 hits already and it's only the 9th inning.

:muddy:

Dear Spaghetti Monster. Please let something good that come from all this hell

Fire the manager
Fire the manager
Fire the manager . . .

Shit is not being settled!

Muddy, there's good news and bad news though! Good, Jays still have 91% of the season left! Bad, they play in the AL East!

Go Leafs!!!

Remember prior to last season when Jose Bautista was looking at impending free agency, and he talked about expecting 5 years/$150 million? At the age of 36? Because getting old didn't apply to him? Because he was going to try really hard to stay in shape? Like he was going to keep working out and everything?

Currently batting .109 with 1 RBI

18 strikeouts yesterday btw. That's Blue Jays batters not pitchers.