talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,336 Views
goddamnit Matty, you mean I've tried to answer questions you need help on for nothing? btw, I've never used a lifeline.

Reno doesn't strike me as a Facebook user

yeah, I don't really use it. Made my only update in 6 months in honor of new member Plommer. But it's good for messaging like rj said. Peoples updates are mostly pointless imo. I look through em when there's nothing to read here. But really I should stop or limit using computer all together.

Daffy are you coming to NO for 2nd bash?

Daffy are you coming to NO for 2nd bash?

Had no idea there was a 2nd Bash planned in NO.

I loved the French Quarter. I'd definitely consider it if I was invited, Reno.

There was some talk, and of course you're invited.

When is New Orleans now? Huh what ??

I gotta say, Facebook keeps freaking me out. It keeps making recommendations for whom I might want to befriend - and some of them are spooky.

Like I get how it would present you with someone that 11 of your friends have as a friend. I can fathom how that works.

But it keeps showing me people that I actually know and very well might be suitable friends - but I have no idea how Facebook knows that.

Like it's showing me Jenny right now. Facebook has no way of knowing she is my semi-sorta-girlfriend. She just started an account for professional reasons and then basically never touched it after the first day. There is no connection to me. But Facebook keeps presenting her to me.

It keeps showing me the wife of this friend of mine whom I see like once a year. It took me a minute to even clue in, oh yeah, that's Mark's Debbie. How does Facebook know?

Is it getting inside my computer and matching up e-mail addresses from my Outlook Express or something? I have no idea.

Spooky.

Facebook Uber Alles.

facebook-big-brother.jpg

run for the hills...fb is what you thought it was

You're aware of Court St?

I am indeed. Used to go to a bar there almost every weekend in uni.

I can understand why you'd be aware of it also :)

Simpson Street is the Fort William version but I'm sure you know that as well.

Simpson Street is the Fort William version but I'm sure you know that as well.
Yeah, was a great street to find drunken native broads at 3AM on a Tuesday.

Plommer, maybe you picked up Oksana back in the day and never even knew it.
As Muddy would say,"wouldn't that be a hoot".

I'm thinking tough that I might have to buy another 10 games of Millionaire. Even though it pissed me off, it has created an itch. I kept getting so close.

Scuse me, I guess I was off topic there.