Strikeforce: Miami

• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 6,310 Views
DOCTOR MMA GET OVER HERE!! IM HEMORRHAGING BASKETBALL MONEY!! GET OVER HERE NOW GOD DAMMIT!!

That would describe my month if it were a tacky drama on network television. Unfortunately, this is not television, and I really have been hemorrhaging money on useless basketball games. No more. Daddys home, and he brought a gold-plated tourniquet. There will be mixed martial arts action taking place on three of the next four weekends. And that off weekend in between? Ill be leaving the house that weekend. Enough of the nonsense!

On Saturday night Strikeforce: Miami will air live on Showtime. There are several notable fights taking place, including: Cristiane Santos (-610) vs. Marloes Coenen (+455), Melvin Manhoef (-190) vs. Robbie Lawler (+165) and Herschel Walker (-350) vs. Greg Nagy (+290). Yes, that Herschel Walker. Im as of yet undecided on these, but there are three other fights that I have given some thought to.

Nick Diaz -270
Marius Zaromskis +230

The Diaz brothers loom around every corner that I turn. Did you hear the one about me being 0-9 in any fight involving Nate Diaz? Would be funny if it was a joke. I have a little better luck predicting big brother Nicks (20-7) outcomes. And Im looking for paydirt.

Diaz has been victorious in five straight bouts, most recently taking out Frank Shamrock and Scott Smith. A brilliant product of the Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu camp, Diaz poses a difficult opponent for many guys with his unorthodox style. Sure he is fun to root against because hes such a jackass, but you have to give credit where it is due.

Marius Zaromskis (13-3) is a Lithuanian fighter who has been racking up victories in DREAM. Very few people will have heard of him once he faces off with Diaz, and I believe that the odds are overblown to reflect this. Zaromskis likes to throw crazy knees and head kicks, and this could neutralize Diazs striking. Im going with the upset here. Besides, Diaz in Miami during Super Bowl festivities if he doesnt get arrested before the fight, he will definitely be hungover. Im taking a shot.

This will pump you up

Bobby Lashley -1475
Wes Sims +800

Wow isnt that something? -1475. Im not sure Ive seen a guy that high for an MMA fight. Strikeforce is hoping that they have the second coming of Brock Lesnar in Lashley (4-0). A giant brute of a man, this ex-professional wrestler has breezed through the competition in his fledgling career. For various reasons, his opponents for this matchup were scratched twice. Enter Option C - Wes Sims (22-12-1).

Sims has been around for a long time, and UFC fans will recognize him from his recent stint on the latest installment of The Ultimate Fighter. Turns out he was much better at telling jokes than he was in the Octagon, as he was bounced in the first round of fights by Justin Wren. He should be an easy sacrifial lamb to usher in the Lashley era at Strikeforce. BUT.

I mean, Sims has tons of experience. Hes thrown down with guys like Frank Mir and Tim Sylvia. He has to have a punchers chance here, right? Right?! Aw hell, its worth throwing down a bit of lettuce on him. If this doesnt come in, I dont even want to hear it. Im not throwing out a lock on a +800 goofball underdog. Im just saying. Why not?

Oh no I diint!​

WesSims.jpg

Jay Hieron -320
Joe Riggs +260

So one decent-sized dog and one ridiculously no-chance-in-hell colossal dog so far. The tomfoolery ends there. Jay Hieron (18-4) is, simply put, a cut above Joe Riggs (32-11-0, 1 NC). Im looking for a win and Im looking for it to arrive in a manner that requires no sweating on my part.

The last time most of us saw Riggs, he was whuppin up on perennial loudmouth Phil Baroni like it was his job. He snuck in a couple more fights since then that nobody has ever heard of, winning both. Riggs is a good guy to have in your stable, for sure. Youre just not ever going to allow him to sire your mares is all Im saying.

The talented Hieron will not be stopped on this night. If he can deliver the 1st round finish that Im banking on, we can both make the South Beach Super Bowl parties on time. That reminds me, I wonder what the Heat line is

Jay Hieron​

jay-hieron.jpg

Zaromskis +220 5 units
Lawler +160 7.5 units
Nagy +260 10.5 units

This Bread guy seems like a real character. I'm not sure about his MMA capping skills though. Robyn sure seems like a straight shooter though. I think she has a lot of valuable MMA knowledge.

LOL! Hi Hoffer. Who you got tonight??

I only made one play on the card:
Marloes Coenen +485 1u

I also like:
Zaromskis
Manhoef
The value on Riggs
And my greatest -1475 lock of all time... Lashley

man i like what i aw in zaromskis scouting tapes. oh my. what i would do to celebrate a Diaz beatdown. im on lawler...but not so sure about that one. gl on your female dog.

Immor we are staying home. Bad weather..long drive..scratched the concert. You gonna be around?

Mex...parlay crazy???

As of right now I am staying home. Was going to go to a buddies house but I found out both of his kids are sick so I do not want to be in that contagious house. If we have an in-fight thread, I will be in it. I still need to make my picks and bets on the early fights. Been waiting to see how all my soccer plays go first.

An in-fight thread sounds like a plan to me.

God damn it you two keep bouncing around. QUIT RUNNING FROM ME! :dance:

Last edited:
Gov! hahahaha...had to bolt from the old digs.

In-game Strikeforce thread tonight...join us. Who you got?

Immortality, did Bread tell you that we aren't going out tonight?

Hooray for in-fight threads!

Immortality, did Bread tell you that we aren't going out tonight?

Hooray for in-fight threads!

Yes he did. I will have to go buy some more beer now. :grin:

Followed you jerks to Peeps Place then luckily stumbled onto the thread that said you guys were here.

I'll be here for the thread. At first glance I was really liking Lawler but the more I think of it the more it looks like the Daley Kampmann fight. If the better fighter fights smart he wins. Kampmann didn't and got KTFO. Strong feeling that Lawler is going to do the same thing. Like most of the favs tonight and think Diaz vs. the Whitemare should be a sweet fight. Hopefully Diaz doesn't pull a Florian and lose in his second title shot.

against you. go lawler. go zaromskis!!

I hope Lawler wins too cause I got money on him; I'm just regretting the play haha. Against you on Zaromskis though and I'm feeling Jay Hieron.

I love the nickname "The Whitemare." Hey Bread I bet Pride>UFC loves it too.

Tell that old troll that I said hi. God he sucked.