Steves gets his life together

• Start date
  • Replies 1,715 Comments
  • Views 50,387 Views
The Indian guy (formerly known as the Puerto Rican) is supposed to start work tomorrow but he doesn't have bus fare. He didn't ask me for help, he was going to go to the people at the shelter here and ask them for help, but they don't even come in until after he'd have to catch the bus to be on time tomorrow morning.

Let's have a vote, should Steve spot The Indian $150 for the monthly pass? I still have over $10k.
What's annoying is tomorrow is the 15th already so he'd have to pay again 6/1.

I'd really be leaning towards it if it were more towards the beginning of the month.

I'm torn.

I vote yes

NO!
Trust me you are no way in position financially to be lending any money to anyone!!! There's got to be other people at work better off than you? Not being mean but you need to find acquaintances/friends that are better off than you! Don't even think about it a second more and reply back "yes MrM you are absolutely right!"
:smack:

PS Key thing it appears you didn't get comprehend was "He didn't ask me for help.":smack: Help him and he'll become your puppy dog always by your side looking for treats.

Remember what one of my dad's two favorite savings was ....
"no good deed goes unpunished.":smack:

yes MrM you are absolutely right!
Of course I am but if by some chance you get stupid thoughts again ..... picture him in your mind as looking like this .....
680561a2-4c7a-4db3-a976-e7811a0b70ab-jpeg.6626

The bus is $5.35 each way each day. Even with just 15 days that's still more than $150.

I'm taking MONK'S advice though, he's on his own.

The Indian hasn't missed a day of training. No one will like this but I am seriously considering spotting him $300 (no, he didn't ask) to play poker. It'd keep me at 1/2 as it'd be fun (but still playing well, not any two cards) and I know he's good for the money.

I really hated 1/2 this past weekend, it was so damn boring compared to 1/3. I know part of it is my table was shit, but it was sooooo boring in comparison. If I have a buddy at the table with me it could be entertaining enough to make 1/2 doable again.

I like what he has to say about his poker game, he sounds pretty sharp.

New girl in email calling me Stevie. She said her name is Jessica Silva. I Googled it and that's. Portuguese soccer player. Crazy stuff, all these Stevie email girls.

How did they find out that I love that?

1,092 posts into getting life together and we are not only donking off money we should be saving up on weekly poker, we are now thinking of donking off even more to put this rando into the game. Stevey stevey stevey.

If you do decide to go this route, stake him, don't spot him. Tell him you'll pay 300 for him to play and you'll split any winnings 75 you / 25 him or whatever. Now you have a buddy st the table and 75% of his action. He has 25% of himself at no risk. Win win... at least compared to getting this guy in debt to you.

1,092 posts into getting life together and we are not only donking off money we should be saving up on weekly poker, we are now thinking of donking off even more to put this rando into the game. Stevey stevey stevey.

If you do decide to go this route, stake him, don't spot him. Tell him you'll pay 300 for him to play and you'll split any winnings 75 you / 25 him or whatever. Now you have a buddy st the table and 75% of his action. He has 25% of himself at no risk. Win win... at least compared to getting this guy in debt to you.
Hey I win sometimes too. Haven't been keeping track of winnings vs losses, will start.

Might stake him, good idea man. Appreciate it.

:cheers:

Stevie, real talk here. Tough love type stuff.

Every guy I’ve ever known that doesn’t keep track of his poker winnings/losings is a lifetime losing poker player.

I’m not saying you’re a lifetime losing poker player but there are countless apps out there to assist you keeping track and you should have stated 2 years ago. I highly recommend it to see where you’re at.