Steves gets his life together

• Start date
  • Replies 1,715 Comments
  • Views 49,822 Views
Yeah I used to keep track when I played full time and I was way up (living off of it) but I haven't been lately and I have had some monster losing sessions lately.

I can think of only one thing to do, a new stevek poker thread! Coming soon. :popcorn

Teela said NO to poker money for the Indian so the decision is made, he can run with me on his own dime when he gets paid. Besides he likes to buy in for $150 anyway, I don't really believe in that short stack stuff.

Hey I win sometimes too. Haven't been keeping track of winnings vs losses, will start.
Yes, I know you win sometimes too, and that's great! But I feel pretty confident that you are a losing player in this game overall.

And that's fine, most rec players are. Nothing wrong with paying for something that entertains you.

What bums me out is that you refuse to set a loss cap and don't care about bankroll management, which you absolutely should as both someone taking poker seriously AND someone trying to "get their life together".

This could just be a fun hobby that worst case scenario you lose say $150 or $200 in a weekend on, and best case scenario get hot and run up a stack on. Instead I think it's potentially pretty dangerous to your long term growth.

But I'm just some guy on the internet, so no need to worry too much what I think. I'm just trying to offer some perspective. You do you my friend!

Nah I'm way up all time, just been a rough couple months.

Appreciate it as always my friend.

Nah I'm way up all time, just been a rough couple months.

Appreciate it as always my friend.
The game has changed and evolved A LOT in recent years though, as has accessibility to elite training and computer learning.

Not saying the average 1/3 player knows shit about game theory optimal, but a break-even/slightly losing player in these games today would have CRUSHED five years ago and been a God ten years ago.

So being an all-time winner doesn't mean you are a winner today! Not saying you can't be, just saying that past success is fairly irrelevant.

I hear you man and I do agree that the game has changed a lot, that's why I don't play online anymore.

I still think with all my experience when I play my disciplined way of playing and stick to that it wins over time when I don't make dumbass plays like that call I made last Saturday to donate that guy $500 (still pissed over that - SO stupid). My strategy is probably more effective at 1/2, I'll probably stick to that as much as I want the action 1/3 has to offer so badly. As always I appreciate it man.

only one way to settle this.

Stevie Vs Jeff Platt straight up

winner takes all
I was actually thinking of challenging stevey to a heads up challenge for rollz myself, but this would work too 😂

I would not play Davey heads up for real money, he'd crush me, full ring is my thing not HU!

Did I mention that I still can't believe I donked off that $550 by making that dumbass call last weekend? I'm bitter. That could be the worst poker play I've ever made in my life.

Tentative to play this weekend since I'm still pissed off but shit, wtf else do I have to do.

Gonna order some gym stuff and start working out when it comes in, spice things up. Stevie girl turned out to be spam so I gotta tighten things up.

Last edited:
I would not play Davey heads up for real money, he'd crush me, full ring is my thing not HU!

Did I mention that I still can't believe I donked off that $550 by making that dumbass call last weekend? I'm bitter. That could be the worst poker play I've ever made in my life.

Tentative to play this weekend since I'm still pissed off but shit, wtf else do I have to do.

Gonna order some gym stuff and start working out when it comes in, spice things up. Stevie girl turned out to be spam so I gotta tighten things up.
See how you are feeling Stevey! Don't play bored or tilted, that's how more mistakea pile up.

steve I've been meditating deeply and I have come to the conclusion that you should get a tattoo of me; it doesn't have to be big, something small like "RJ" will suffice

Only if Teela gets one of me on her rump

And I will be playing mistake free poker all weekend tyvm

AA (me) vs KK got my opponent all in on the turn he rivered the K.

Fml. That is not a mistake.

Only if Teela gets one of me on her rump

And I will be playing mistake free poker all weekend tyvm
I wouldn’t want Teela to get a tattoo of me on her ass.

Id want her to get a tattoo of my fingerprints between her legs.