State of Emergency

• Start date
  • Replies 147 Comments
  • Views 7,345 Views
:pepe::lmao:
You’ve asked a lot of good questions, Archie. I think the best way to answer these are just list some observations I made over the course of 15+ years on the job:

-there are cops that express their distrust/dislike of African-Americans openly. It’s quite awkward and I’ve told guys to take their shit somewhere else, I don’t want to hear it. Our job was/is to be color blind and to apprehend people breaking into residences and vehicles (which IS an epidemic never talked about by the media), arrest domestic violence offenders, sexual battery offenses etc.

-WHERE I WORKED, 9 out of 10 times we arrested someone for a residential/commercial burglary, they were African-American males.

-9 out of 10 times we arrested someone for a vehicle burglary at a gym, day care center or park, they were an African-American male. That doesn’t mean we were catching white people commit those felonies and letting them go. If you got apprehended doing those things it didn’t/doesn’t matter what color you were.

-blowing in a fellow cop for doing shady/dirty shit is easy if they are WAY out of line. I’ve done it. I would have had no problem at all telling that dumb motherfucker to get off that guys neck before he died/we all lose our jobs. And if he didn’t listen to me I would have called a supervisor on my cell phone.

But as plommer mentioned a day or two ago, if you go to the command staff about you hearing another cop calling some guy a “nig”,half the department will know about it in an hour and the 1-2% of the cops who are racists will treat you differently for the rest of your career and possibly not have your back in a fight. Personally, I didn’t give a fuck. But these are just observations.

thanks for the observations.

I can't imagine working a beat in an inner city for a long time and NOT having that paint an officer's personal perceptions of young black males. And I think a lot of those personal observations can quite easily be held by many officers in those types of settings without them actually ever acting out on them, unless they have some sort of PTSD or mental snap while on duty in a high stress situation.

I think there are very very very few qualified people with the proper mental and physical make up that can do the job effectively.

the one thing that boggles my mind is that we still have such egregious incidents getting caught on cam, now that we have a decade of cops knowing everyone has a cell phone cam and most cops of dash and body cams.

I just can't fathom why the Chicago cop would shoot that teen a few years back 16 times, or this guy could stay on a neck when he clearly sees people filming him. That's a weird obliviousness that makes no sense to me.

I could never be a cop, and i'm thankful for the ones that do. But if originally DID have the make up to do the job. I'm not sure I could continue it, considering the pressure of always been watched and filmed in such high stress high stakes situations.

We have a pretty big police academy nearby, I wonder what kind of enrollment they will see in the next few years. Gotta think a lot of potential recruits are re-thinking their future plans.

They caught this arsonist, Blitty!

items.[0].image.alt

Police arrested 25-year-old Wesley Somers in connection with the vandalism and fire set at the Nashville Historic Courthouse.

By: Catlin Bogard
Posted at 8:26 PM, May 31, 2020

and last updated 6:23 AM, Jun 01, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Nashville police have arrested a man in connection with the vandalism and fire set at the Nashville Historic Courthouse Saturday night.

Metro Nashville PD

@MNPDNashville

https://twitter.com/MNPDNashville/status/1267264305961066500

BREAKING: Specialized Investigations Division detectives & SWAT officers moments ago arrested Wesley Somers, 25, on charges of felony arson, vandalism, & disorderly conduct for setting fire to Nashville's Historic Courthouse Saturday night.
View image on Twitter

8:18 PM - May 31, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

30K people are talking about this

Recent Stories from newschannel5.com

We're OpenWe're Open Y'all: U.S. PestProtection

ccab8fde-d4de-4725-9de8-c48d66175e21.jpg
2ed8c78f-781c-4a41-a1bd-3486ee792a8a.jpg
5f25e02a-3db6-4c87-bb2b-e824397fe8fb.jpg
4c2c0cb4-4ed7-4328-a037-3ded69a5da50.jpg
c7b89a77-be44-40b7-bbe6-95a16e8c1480.jpg
5c96aa69-0b7f-4674-9ed7-fd92d187ab8d.jpg
READ MORE

SKIP AD
2ed8c78f-781c-4a41-a1bd-3486ee792a8a.jpg

Police say 25-year-old Wesley Somers was arrested at a home on Manzano Road in Madison, and that assistance from the community helped lead to his identification.
He will be booked into the Metro Jail shortly. Police say the investigation into the arson attack on the Historic Courthouse and other vandalism is continuing.
Windows were smashed at the courthouse, explicit graffiti spray painted on the walls, and several people attempted to set parts of the building on fire during violent protest Saturday.

Archie, when I got hired 20+ years ago, getting hired by a police department was almost like hitting the lottery. 150 applicants for 1 spot kind of shit.

Now? They can't pay people enough to do that job. They've had to form vast Recruitment Units to go out and find people. Recruitment Units. That would have been laughable 20 years ago before cell phone video.

Archie, when I got hired 20+ years ago, getting hired by a police department was almost like hitting the lottery. 150 applicants for 1 spot kind of shit.

Now? They can't pay people enough to do that job. They've had to form vast Recruitment Units to go out and find people. Recruitment Units. That would have been laughable 20 years ago before cell phone video.
I think its still more like this here in Canada, and Ontario specifically. There is one huge problem here though that isn't a problem in the US.
When a cop is charged with a crime, even murder, they are suspended with pay until they are convicted. So the bad cop hires a lawyer that the police association usually pays for and stalls the proceedings as long as possible. I'm aware of at least a few Toronto cops that collected over $300k in salary while suspended and awaiting trial. Getting rid of a bad cop here is extremely difficult as the police union backs them and is quite powerful.

So police here have legislated protection and can't just be fired, regardless of the seriousness. Getting rid of a dirty cop here is a long process.

Suspended without pay would be a better option, and if acquitted back pay should be restored, that way the cop would want a speedy trial and not stall.

lololol

Some idiots in Montreal looted Steve's Music last night. Looting in the States is one thing, but these clowns literally have nothing to be mad about. You've got healthcare, free money from the government and you live in a peaceful fucking country. Put the Dean ML down.

9052a860-a3ac-11ea-a742-af2b33ad2665_ORIGINAL.jpg

Peaceful protesters expressing their concerns to journalists

Peaceful protesters expressing their concerns to journalists

Glad you posted it cause unlikely it will. be shown on TV!

My guess this cowardly action occurs about as often as bad cops beating up on minorities! Though only one seems to promote inexcusable violence!

bad apple

good apple

Rogue- How much of an anarchist are you 1-10?

My guess this cowardly action occurs about as often as bad cops beating up on minorities! Though only one seems to promote inexcusable violence!

I’m driving through B’ham

I’m driving through B’ham en route to Gulf Shores in a few weeks 😧

Random Thought:

I consider the ‘Kaepernick Neel’ a practical form of protest.

Just saw some cops doing it with protesters.

Why are people so ANGRY about it?