State of Emergency

• Start date
  • Replies 147 Comments
  • Views 7,322 Views
He wanted to play and the cops said ok let's play! :up

He wanted to play and the cops said ok let's play! :up

And what’s amazing is how all the bystanders are OUTRAGED by the way he’s being taken into custody. A bunch of people who’ve never done the job, outraged at people doing their job.

Missing the full context but....more peaceful protesting in memory of George Floyd.

Peaceful protester gets run over by a dumpster being pushed by other peaceful protesters

Big gathering in front of the White House

Coronavirus probably partying like it's January 2020

It's wrong to think that much of this is about Floyd, or that it's supposed to be.
That's the disconnect between media, polite society, and the masses

Missing the full context but....more peaceful protesting in memory of George Floyd.

Total BS Tron! Only thing that will stop them is FORCE! Until you stand up to the bully, he is not going to stop!

Of course Philly never let's a good opportunity to riot, burn, and loot pass!
1590965489637.png

1590965462246.png

1590965489637.png

protests_map_display_2-600-protest_markers.svg

Seattle
WASH.
Great Falls
Portland
ME.
MONT.
N.D.
Eugene
MINN.
ORE.
Minneapolis
Boston
MICH.
S.D.
Buffalo
N.Y.
WIS.
Sioux Falls
Hartford
Detroit
WYO.
Madison
New York
Reno
Salt Lake City
Des Moines
Phila.
NEB.
PA.
Chicago
OHIO
NEV.
Lincoln
IND.
Oakland
Washington
Indianapolis
Denver
UTAH
Kansas City
Richmond
Fresno
COLO.
ILL.
VA.
Hampton
KAN.
MO.
Las Vegas
CALIF.
Lexington
Louisville
Norfolk
KY.
Santa Fe
Tulsa
N.C.
Fayetteville
Memphis
TENN.
ARIZ.
L.A.
Okla. City
S.C.
OKLA.
Columbia
Atlanta
Albuquerque
Phoenix
San Diego
ARK.
N.M.
GA.
ALA.
Tucson
Dallas
Jacksonville
TEX.
LA.
Austin
New Orleans
Orlando
ALASKA
Honolulu
Houston
Tampa
FLA.
Anchorage
HAWAII
Miami
Data as of May 31.

By Weiyi Cai, Juliette Love, Bill Marsh, Jugal K. Patel, Yuliya Parshina-Kottas and Joe Ward

oh the map didn't show up.

according to NY times:

Protests have erupted in at least 140 cities across the United States in the days after George Floyd, a black man, died in police custody. Some of the demonstrations have turned violent, prompting the activation of the National Guard in at least 21 states.

Prob more. I know in suburbs like Aurora (Wayne's world), Elgin, ect places that are 45 min drive from chicago and have well over 100k people, there were police cars and buildings set on fire.

we've never seen anything like this, across the entire nation, even Montana and the Dakotas.

2020 will take a few weeks to cover in high school History classes for all the Gamelive babies

Roughly 800,000 cops in the United States.

Anyone have any ideas on what changes to make to ensure that zero of them are dirty racists with no integrity?

I don't think anyone thinks zero is attainable, that would be a Quixotic notion.

But I'm sure we can all agree an effort should continue to be made for as big of a reduction as possible.

I think the public perception is that zero dirty cops get removed unless they get caught on camera or they commit egregious crimes. I'm sure that's not the truth, and varies by location and leadership. Do you think think there is a "Blue line of silence"?

maybe you could speak to how often you've experienced or heard about especially overly brutal or aggressive cops that were removed from duty? Got any real life Prezbylewski stories?

How often have you witnessed police brutality that was not warranted? How many times have you heard an officer use the N word or other slurs?

I think the public perception is that zero dirty cops get removed unless they get caught on camera or they commit egregious crimes. I'm sure that's not the truth, and varies by location and leadership.

Cops getting fired or getting their certifications pulled happens way more than the public believes. The amount of accountability (body cams/in-car videos that have to be on per department policy) is way higher than the public believes. It’s lazy to say “there is an epidemic of cops murdering unarmed black people”. It’s just not true. There are FBI statistics to back my statement up.

VERY UNFORTUNATELY, a few times a year, a really shitty, dirty cop does something horrible and then it’s “see, all cops are pigs and they must die”. Reasonable citizens, however, just want justice for dirty cops (which clearly didn’t happen in the Rodney King acquittals).

I don't think anyone thinks zero is attainable, that would be a Quixotic notion

I don’t agree with this. I think there are tens of thousands of citizens who actually believe that the only acceptable scenario is a police force of 800,000 that has no bad apples.

How often have you witnessed police brutality that was not warranted? How many times have you heard an officer use the N word or other slurs?

You’ve asked a lot of good questions, Archie. I think the best way to answer these are just list some observations I made over the course of 15+ years on the job:

-there are cops that express their distrust/dislike of African-Americans openly. It’s quite awkward and I’ve told guys to take their shit somewhere else, I don’t want to hear it. Our job was/is to be color blind and to apprehend people breaking into residences and vehicles (which IS an epidemic never talked about by the media), arrest domestic violence offenders, sexual battery offenses etc.

-WHERE I WORKED, 9 out of 10 times we arrested someone for a residential/commercial burglary, they were African-American males.

-9 out of 10 times we arrested someone for a vehicle burglary at a gym, day care center or park, they were an African-American male. That doesn’t mean we were catching white people commit those felonies and letting them go. If you got apprehended doing those things it didn’t/doesn’t matter what color you were.

-blowing in a fellow cop for doing shady/dirty shit is easy if they are WAY out of line. I’ve done it. I would have had no problem at all telling that dumb motherfucker to get off that guys neck before he died/we all lose our jobs. And if he didn’t listen to me I would have called a supervisor on my cell phone.

But as plommer mentioned a day or two ago, if you go to the command staff about you hearing another cop calling some guy a “nig”,half the department will know about it in an hour and the 1-2% of the cops who are racists will treat you differently for the rest of your career and possibly not have your back in a fight. Personally, I didn’t give a fuck. But these are just observations.