Shannon the new SBR Girl

• Start date
  • Replies 158 Comments
  • Views 18,848 Views
It's true, I'm concerned about the character of anybody who takes a publicly anti-gay stance mere days after his employer makes a similar public stand. Either he had those sentiments all along and chose to conceal them, or his opinions can be purchased, which is equally disturbing. In this latest video he acted like an ass to that lady, asking her to rate her appearance and having side conversations in a language she didn't appear fluent in. I stand by my assessments until Loshak addresses the matter candidly.

OR... Loshak was poking fun at the hypocrisy of it all. To know Loshak is to know he is an animal in a cage at SBR. I could only imagine the greatness were he able to do his own thing.

Never been a fun of the show. The only reason they feature chicks is to force the horny males to watch it.

Loshak's talents are going to waste, he is just a puppet being micromanaged at SBR. It's a shame, really.

Never seen a Loshak video. He is just a rumor to me.

LOL @ Polaroid having the hots for the scrawniest black girl ever. Stick to your European fair-skinned emo chicks player. You're out of your league.

You can't even tell if it's a woman or not. It's just the back of somebody's legs. I don't understand the obsession.

I agree with RJ, RS. Try watching the video again. This time with an open mind.

That would require him to at least be entertaining, Blitty. His humor is banal and he doesn't even have a quality stage presence. I'm sorry, but just like Shanty-mania passed me by without stopping, I don't feel persuaded to go ga-ga over Loshak. Substance over style, I always say.

OR... Loshak was poking fun at the hypocrisy of it all. To know Loshak is to know he is an animal in a cage at SBR. I could only imagine the greatness were he able to do his own thing.

I can respect that opinion, but I don't consider bigotry to be a topic to poke fun of, especially not when someone with a large megaphone is spewing it freely. People of conscience should object loudly to that sort of thinking. If Loshak has real talent, why is he stooping to being a dancing bear for John? I just don't get it, I never have. Loshak seems very bright, and yet he allows his name to be attached to some very questionable people with even more questionable motives. With the way you guys exalt him, I expected a lot more.

People should not be made fun for their sexuality except if they are figure skaters. I never understood why homosexual people choose this sport. They know they'll get flamed but they still do it. It takes some courage no doubt about it.

I just like drinking with Loshak. I like his videos, but only when he was allowed to act the fool a bit.

But there's not many people I have enjoyed getting plastered and exchanging retarded stories with in person more than Oshalk.

Peter, have you ever considered that sometimes you may take this shit a wee bit too seriously?

I think people confuse 2 things here. RS is not criticizing Loshy for his out of SBR character which when I met him he was a heck of a guy to party with. He is criticizing the Loshy show which is bad because he is like a caged animal in that show. When you don't have the freedom to create because your boss is a control freak you lose all the originality and what made you funny at the first place. RS is allowed to criticize the show if it sucks. That doesn't mean he doesn't like Loshy the out of SBR guy.

I don't know about that Pavy. Scholar has been pretty clear here. He even said he has serious questions about the man's character in a previous post.

I don't know about that Pavy. Scholar has been pretty clear here. He even said he has serious questions about the man's character in a previous post.

RS is a little bit weird. Remember when he said to Walker that he had a mole at RBS and knew everything behind the scenes? Maybe Loshy was his mole and now that Loshy has switched sides he is back stubbing him.

:guitar:

If I worried about which of my online friends liked or did not like my other online friends, my head would be spinning.

Scholar is welcome to criticize who he wants when he wants. I always find RS an interesting read.

I love Loshey the mad man, and used to enjoy his show when he was allowed to be himself.

:moped:

RS is a little bit weird. Remember when he said to Walker that he had a mole at RBS and knew everything behind the scenes? Maybe Loshy was his mole and now the Loshy has switched sides he is back stubbing him. :guitar:

Back stubbing? Sounds like something that would happen to Rubyn :guitar:

I like Scholar too, but sometimes he extrapolates a little more than I think is reasonable from these message boards.

I think people confuse 2 things here. RS is not criticizing Loshy for his out of SBR character which when I met him he was a heck of a guy to party with. He is criticizing the Loshy show which is bad because he is like a caged animal in that show. When you don't have the freedom to create because your boss is a control freak you lose all the originality and what made you funny at the first place. RS is allowed to criticize the show if it sucks. That doesn't mean he doesn't like Loshy the out of SBR guy.

Thanks Pavy, you summed things up nicely. I don't know Loshak personally so I have no opinion on him as a person outside of SBR, but what I see of him professionally has been a marked and steady decline from his first appearances. If he were hoping to parlay this SBR job into something else on screen, I can only say that the longer he stays with it the harder it will be.

Jello, absolutely I've considered it. But tell me, would you have told Rosa Parks that it was "just a bus ride, don't make a big deal out of it"??? Oppression is still a very real thing, and when John makes gay people out to be less than other people, that's a form of oppression, especially when he uses his influence to get others who are subservient to him to echo those thoughts, even in jest. If I don't speak up and cry foul, who else will? I don't see any other openly GLBT people on SBR making a stand. And before you dismiss my convictions because I'm expressing them online, don't think I'm not just as committed to gay rights here in California and in the nation as a whole. I live in a village of 1,007 people, almost all of whom have known me since I was in diapers. Everyone I can readily converse with already knows my positions, expressing them online gives me a chance to continue the struggle and hone my arguments.

Fair enough Scholar, and just for the record many people now on this board expressed some level of disgust at SBR_John's comments. It was certainly part of the impetus for exodus as well. (I'm feeling lyrical this morning).

I understand what you are saying about Loshak's apparent lock-step approach. Fwiw though, I sensed a pretty well-disguised level of sarcasm in his videos immediately after all the drama at SBR. I thought he did a pretty good job of proving a point, while using himself in a way that many of us may not have felt comfortable doing. I think he actually sacrificed himself a little bit there. Maybe I'm reading too much into things now, but I never got the impression he believed any of the anti-gay commentary. It appeared more to me that he was intentionally playing a stooge, knowing it was enough to fool somebody as stupid as SBR_John into thinking he believed the sort of tripe he was spewing... when in actuality it was a parody.

Fair enough Scholar, and just for the record many people now on this board expressed some level of disgust at SBR_John's comments. It was certainly part of the impetus for exodus as well. (I'm feeling lyrical this morning).

I understand what you are saying about Loshak's apparent lock-step approach. Fwiw though, I sensed a pretty well-disguised level of sarcasm in his videos immediately after all the drama at SBR. I thought he did a pretty good job of proving a point, while using himself in a way that many of us may not have felt comfortable doing. I think he actually sacrificed himself a little bit there. Maybe I'm reading too much into things now, but I never got the impression he believed any of the anti-gay commentary. It appeared more to me that he was intentionally playing a stooge, knowing it was enough to fool somebody as stupid as SBR_John into thinking he believed the sort of tripe he was spewing... when in actuality it was a parody.

Your comments are so eloquently put that they can't help but soften my ire over the situation. I concede as well that I've been fighting this battle for so long that sometimes I can't see past a prima facie interpretation of events without outside counsel. I'm sorry if I offended any of Loshak's fan club here, my intent was not to push you away. Having spent most of my life in one form or another of self-employment, I don't properly appreciate how others can truly find themselves enslaved to a job. In the future I'll attempt to view Loshak through that lens and not allow my disgust for RBS and its owner unduly cloud my impression of the man.

I do still maintain that the show is almost unwatchable for its lack of substance and class, however I'll allow that to reflect more on SBR than Loshak.