Shannon Caddo, the news story

• Start date
  • Replies 937 Comments
  • Views 73,263 Views
Don Cherry? Never heard of him. I'm Don Germaise and I'm made of awesome.

39612_1553107742423_1077053935_1601480_1943858_n.jpg

Don Germaise has become the old-timer at ABC Action News. He was the first news reporter hired when WFTS became an ABC affiliate in 1994. Don's seasoning gives him a unique insight to news coverage in the Bay Area: Don knows most of the newsmakers, and they know him!

m.jpg

don is master of confidence and action

Don Germaise seasons everything he touches.

38173_1472743613370_1077053935_1388389_319639_n.jpg

(In all seriousness, his daughter is really hot.)

we need to get don posting here, but i don't want to scare him away.

2009-2-5_21749_congrats1.gif

Shannon Caddo, gamelive.com

#1 on google search

Don G also likes little doggies.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE those shades!! DONGEEEEEEE!!!!

don at his best

love me some don, almost as much as you do

10 Questions for Don Germaise

1.) What is your all time favorite movie or song?
“A Knight’s Tale.” Song: “Floridays” by Jimmy Buffett

2.) Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
No

3.) Who do you count as your mentor(s)?.
My first TV News Director Ron Comings and my Housing Director at University of Florida Jack Worley

4.) What was your very first job?
I delivered newspapers as a 12-year-old. It was cold and miserable riding my bike through Massachusetts winters. But, I earned $9.65 a week and thought I was rich!

5.) If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I have a quick temper.

6.) What do you consider your greatest success?
Raising a practically perfect daughter!

7.) Tell us something about you most people don't know?
But then most people would know.

8.) If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
Roberto Clemente, John Wayne, Jeb Bush

9.) What is in your fridge right now?
Food and beverages. What’s in yours?

10. If you could have a different career, other then what you're doing now, what would it be?
Major League Baseball Player

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...n-germaise-with-this-week's-10-questions-for?

dg_then.jpg

http://www.jedh.com/bios/dg.htm

Name: Don Germaise
Where Am I Now? - Tampa, Florida

What do I look like? - Come to Tampa and see me on TV!

What have I done in my life? - My name is Don Germaise and I was in the class of 1976 at Newton South (Mrs. Eileen Mandel was my homeroom teacher). I am currently living in Tampa, Florida and am working as a News Reporter for WFTS-TV, the local ABC affiliate. I've been here seven years. I worked at ABC affiliates in West Palm Beach and Ft. Myers before landing here in Tampa.

I am living a dream. I wear make-up and tell stories for a living and I go swimming on New Years' eve. I am also wildly and passionately in love with my family. . .

I have a wonderful wife, Jeanne and a perfect 7 year old daughter, Alexis.

Spent college at the University of Florida, moved back north for a year and got sick of winters. I've been a Florida boy ever since. I even manage to root for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays!!

I managed to land a gig as the 1984 Olympic mascot (That was me in the "Sam the Olympic Eagle" costume during the Los Angeles Olympics).

Professional highlights: I won't bore you with awards. . . I've won my share -- but who cares! Here're the top thoughts in 20 years as a newsman. . . . I have managed to interview every President since Jimmy Carter, was broadcasting live when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up and lived through Hurricane Andrew. I have been shot at, nearly burned up in a wildfire and invited on a drug run with one of Florida's most notorious dealers. I spent weeks undercover picking through trash dumpsters looking for tax documents. I spend weeks aboard Disney Cruise ships broadcasting live from their inaugurals.... News reporting is a varied and exciting existence.

Not sure if I'll be able to make the reunion. November is a "sweeps" and it's hard to get time off during the crucial ratings period.

Best of luck with the reunion.

Don

He really likes his daughter. O wow.

Kato going the extra mile!

Don needs his own tribute thread. And then we'll invite him over. Let's touch Don gamelive like he's never been touched before.