Shannon Caddo, the news story

• Start date
  • Replies 937 Comments
  • Views 73,120 Views
Boner, the difference is you're not likely to lose a lifelong friendship over a disagreement on Jordan vs. Lebron.

Problem is in my life there are people whose identities are defined by their political views (or more accurately their following of the politics). Like sports or horses or even (right now) diy house shit defines my person at the moment if you asked these people "whats new?" 80% of their personality outside of work is political news. I guess its sad, but they would probably say the amount of my brain occupied by sports is just as trivial, or even more so.

Absolutely true.

I tried, Dave. But my Dad's life revolves around his hatred of Trump. I don't like Trump, either. But my Dad got super butt hurt because I criticized CNN.

My mom is the same way. My dad has about 10-15 stupid as hell takes a week with this shit.

Parents have to get a pass. I mean different story if they are like a toxic influence in your life or something. But over CNN? I'd call him up and backtrack and apologize and say you just get frustrated with the news sometimes. That you know they've got some good journalists over there.

Who cares if it's a lie? They're our parents. Gotta try to enjoy the whack jobs while they are still with us 😄