Sending out Google+ invites

• Start date
  • Replies 284 Comments
  • Views 16,289 Views
Holy Shit

Matty, just got Pavy to change his opinion on something on the forums!!!!!!!

mark this day in your calenders!!!!

Myspace never had the sheer volume or global appeal of FB. I know it was big, but it was never completely integrated into everyone's life.

Compartmentalizing your life/people you know is an awesome idea, but just because it is intuitive to you or I doesn't mean it will be to the masses.

Also, I don't think Pavy is in the minority here. I mean even if Google+ is a superior product, what good is it if everyone you know isn't on it like they already are your FB/twitter/email accounts? Even if 85% of my contacts eventually get Google+, when I can have all 100% on the other, why bother?

I think many will hop on because its new and shiny, but even if it IS superior, the daunting task of building up an entire social network again strikes me as more burdensome than "fun and exciting". I'll do it, since I'm into this shit, but I'm willing to bet that many won't.

Trust me, they will, the same way Myspace users started all over with Facebook. Again, it'll take a while, but once user activity drops in Facebook (and it will), everyone will make the move, including evil advertisers, game producers, etc. Google owns the Internet ad market already, this'll put them over the top.

Look for Facebook to try and file an antitrust lawsuit against Google sometime over the next 5 years.

I've just signed up!

I appreciate all the good input from everyone (Matty, MonkeyF0cker, Blitty) etc. This shows you the power of GL posters!

PS. What do I do know? I have no one in my circles.

Myspace never had the sheer volume or global appeal of FB. I know it was big, but it was never completely integrated into everyone's life.

Compartmentalizing your life/people you know is an awesome idea, but just because it is intuitive to you or I doesn't mean it will be to the masses.

Also, I don't think Pavy is in the minority here. I mean even if Google+ is a superior product, what good is it if everyone you know isn't on it like they already are your FB/twitter/email accounts? Even if 85% of my contacts eventually get Google+, when I can have all 100% on the other, why bother?

I think many will hop on because its new and shiny, but even if it IS superior, the daunting task of building up an entire social network again strikes me as more burdensome than "fun and exciting". I'll do it, since I'm into this shit, but I'm willing to bet that many won't.

How much effort does it really take?

If it is superior, it will catch on.

I'm all for any product that makes this shit simpler overall.

As it is I always have people thinking I'm ignoring them on Facebook and Twitter when it's nothing more than I rarely check those accounts. The people I want to talk to either email or Skype me or I can find them on SBR or GL.

If Google+ can easily integrate just Facebook and Twitter then I'm sold. If nothing else, this will give me the chance to redo my friends list without the guilt I know I'd have if I defriended people on Facebook.

Woohoo I've added Matty and Nina. :wally:

If I add any of you :fok:kers, please accept me within 24hrs.

It'll send me into a thin skinned tailspin if you don't.

kthx

I can't figure out how to add people :lmao:

If I want to put people from this thread into my circle, how do I do that?

Mattayyyyyyyyyyyy

Oksana, add me or I'll cut you.

Kisses!

Oksana, add me or I'll cut you.

Kisses!

I would but I really don't know how :lmao:

I thought I'd go through this thread and started with duriot but when I tried what I thought would work, it took me to a Google search of his email address.

Pavy - don't let this prove the point you were trying to make. Everyone knows I'm a flake so this doesn't count.

I have added Matty to my circle. Lets see what happens now. Taking it one step at a time.

I have added Matty to my circle. Lets see what happens now. Taking it one step at a time.

Did he add you first and you accepted or did you add him?

HOW THE FOK DO YOU ADD PEOPLE, PEOPLE???

Did he add you first and you accepted or did you add him?

HOW THE FOK DO YOU ADD PEOPLE, PEOPLE???

I clicked on the circle that said friends and typed his name I have from facebook and he showed up. Then I clicked on him and he is in my circle now. I'm guessing once you add someone to your circle they get sent an email from google+ to let them know.

I clicked on the circle that said friends and typed his name I have from facebook and he showed up. Then I clicked on him and he is in my circle now. I'm guessing once you add someone to your circle they get sent an email from google+ to let them know.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....

So I should change my email address with Facebook and Twitter. I was wondering how I let Google+ know which accounts to integrate.

Thanks Pavy! :)

I added a few of youse...couldn't find pavers.

Bloody hell I didn't realise that your profile and photo are public.

Had to abort that mission quite quickly.