Robyn, does this mean I'm about to get a job offer, or not necessarily?

• Start date
  • Replies 214 Comments
  • Views 21,771 Views

Vegas Dave

Not a Real GameLiver
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Got the following email from the hiring manager for that job I applied to a few weeks ago...

"Hey

Are you around? Can you call me today? I have a question for you!"

Called, left a message.

Is this...

1) A job offer?
2) Asking me on a date?
3) A random question like you might find in my Ask Vegas Dave thread?
4) Meant to send this to someone else but clicked my name on accident?

Thanks for your help.

Weird email coming from a "hiring manager". Might be that the person they hired quickly turned out to be a bad fit and you were second on their list, or it could simply be 4)

Weird email coming from a "hiring manager". Might be that the person they hired quickly turned out to be a bad fit and you were second on their list, or it could simply be 4)

It is weird. I'm thinking it might be another offer, like a part time writing gig or something. Or, agreed, 4).

not a very professional email.
good luck with it

Probably wants some clarification on whether you'd be willing to do something. Have you in mind for something I'd guess.

Clarify something on resume..?

No, I've already interviewed for this job and been told they are going another direction. Her emailing back to check in on something about my resume would be trivial at this point.

Dave, she wants your sausage, and BAAAAD

Give her the high hard one on her desk, but place all the pictures of her family face down first.

Did I just say high hard one?

here's your chance to post some lines Bread. Only one thing should be -$ though:up:

I'm not messing around with this Reno. This is the kid's life we're talking about here!!!

She called by mistake +100
She's calling with interest in hiring Dave +500
She wants Dave to give her the high hard one on her desk +2500

Robyn or whoever what does this mean in regards to Job offer...

So Last wednesday i went on a Interview for a warehouse loader at pepsi because im looking for a night job. I did this job for about a 6 months period at Target but i put on my resume That i have done it for over 2 years(im a manager at target and i can make this fly anyways).

So i did the interview with the Manager of Warehouse operations. Got there about 20 minutes early and there was 3 people ahead of me for the interview. Each of theirs lasted about 10 minutes. Needless to say i interviewed with Ken for over a half hour. I answered all his questions fully with responses related to job experience. Made a big point in how i would contribute and be a part of pepsi reaching there globalization goals and how it starts from the bottom up. Anyways the interview went great. I was already trained in all the equipment they use in their warehouse. He made comments like " thats great so you wont be needing much training" and " usually i tell potential employee's to wait 2 weeks to hear back but you should be hearing back much sooner". At the end of the interview he walked me back to the lobby and shook my hand( didnt do this with anyone else).

Basically i thought there is no way i dont get this job. And its been a week and ive heard nothing back. Did he just like me as a person but not want to hire me or what was all this about if i wasnt going to be hired?

im completely stunned i havent received a call for a job offer yet.

timer i'm sure you will help pepsi reach their globalization's goal no problem

i have faith in you bro

That didn't sound very sincere Rogatien. Rogatien I think you're doubting UTEOT's globalization skills.

timer i'm sure you will help pepsi reach their globalization's goal no problem

i have faith in you bro

Well i didnt say it like that but i talked about reaching deadlines and how that relates to filling orders on time and getting shipments out which correspond to reaching financial goals and such. I didnt flat out say that. When he asked me what i knew about the company that's when i mentioned there global image and goals in that aspect.

Did it ever occur to you that he personally walked you back to the lobby to make sure that you didn't steal any of his shit?