Robyn, does this mean I'm about to get a job offer, or not necessarily?

• Start date
  • Replies 214 Comments
  • Views 22,040 Views
Dave,

I really think you need to quit trying to read things into situations like these and just take them at face value. Not only will it keep you sane, but you'll likely come to the wrong conclusion anyway.

Honestly, I just thought it was somewhat interesting, so I started a thread about it. I'm not really "trying to read into it". I've already moved on from this job and put it out of mind. If she offers me something, great. If not, whatever.

Okay...

Apparently, she'd initially wanted to bring four finalists in, and I was in that batch of four, but the other execs decided to only bring back the top two.

So they brought back their two favorites for a second/final interview with the marketing director, and they started to ask these guys specific questions about the station and the website only to realize that neither of them has any actual knowledge of the station or its shows. This upsets marketing director and crew.

So now, me and other runner up guy get calls. She wants us to prepare some notes on the weekday shows, as well as notes on how to better utilize the website, for a second interview with the marketing director and execs next week.

Interesting.

Awesome Dave. Kick some exec butt! :cheerleader:

Okay...

Apparently, she'd initially wanted to bring four finalists in, and I was in that batch of four, but the other execs decided to only bring back the top two.

So they brought back their two favorites for a second/final interview with the marketing director, and they started to ask these guys specific questions about the station and the website only to realize that neither of them has any actual knowledge of the station or its shows. This upsets marketing director and crew.

So now, me and other runner up guy get calls. She wants us to prepare some notes on the weekday shows, as well as notes on how to better utilize the website, for a second interview with the marketing director and execs next week.

Interesting.

So you have homework before you got the job?? Sounds to me that someone is looking for fresh ideas to steal from employment interviews.

So you have homework before you got the job?? Sounds to me that someone is looking for fresh ideas to steal from employment interviews.

Haha, funny, that was my initial reaction too. I understand that they want to make sure they are getting the right person for the job, but I can't help but feel like maybe they just want a free brainstorming/feedback sesh.

It's completely normal for that kind of job, I went through similar "applied" interviews several times.

It's completely normal for that kind of job, I went through similar "applied" interviews several times.

That's good to hear. I have nothing to lose anyway, I just hope I'm not getting my chain yanked.

Okay...

Interesting.

I still don't like the way she contacted you...and for a second interview? Extremely unprofessional. Watch your back with these people or you'll be dealing with a Bill Dozer all over again.

What kinda company is this? Someone established or a small thing ran out of a barn like SBR?

I still don't like the way she contacted you...and for a second interview? Extremely unprofessional. Watch your back with these people or you'll be dealing with a Bill Dozer all over again.

good say

GL dave i think both you and me will get ours jobs here. I got a good email today as well.

From Pepsi, Timer?

Yes, i was basically contacted via email and when i called and spoke with the individual i interviewed with he said i was in the finalist pool and he'd begin checking references next week and after that a 2nd interview with him. If all went well id be offered the position pending a drug and background check.

I agree that a lot of it definitely feels off... And she does seem to have that Bill quality of telling you everything is great/being buddy buddy and then saying completely different shit to other people. But should I really blow off a second interview/potential job in the field just based on these very limited communications we've had?

What kinda company is this? Someone established or a small thing ran out of a barn like SBR?

Very reputable company... Clear Channel is a massive company, and the station I'd be working for is a partner of Fox Sports West as well.

pulling for ya Davey

GL dave i think both you and me will get ours jobs here. I got a good email today as well.

Thanks fellas.

Dave I wish you the best of luck. You need to do things that will make you stand out. Drop off a hand written thank you letter after the interview. Bring a PowerPoint presentation that shows why you feel YOU are the best candidate.

Practice your facial expressions in the mirrior before you go.

I agree that a lot of it definitely feels off... And she does seem to have that Bill quality of telling you everything is great/being buddy buddy and then saying completely different shit to other people. But should I really blow off a second interview/potential job in the field just based on these very limited communications we've had?

Behavior like that isn't uncommon at all In any type of office, especially with anyone related to HR.