Robyn, does this mean I'm about to get a job offer, or not necessarily?

• Start date
  • Replies 214 Comments
  • Views 22,079 Views
Robyn, I am smart enouh not to be offended when receiving requested advice. And oops on the email. I don't use the others. But I think this morning went really well. We shall see. They will let me know next week if I make the cut to Round 2 of interviews.

Good luck, Nina!!

"Hi

Thank you for calling me! I'm just slammed as is the AM570 Marketing Director (Finals begin tomorrow!)...but we do wanna have you back as you and I discussed. Let me coordinate a good time with him and get back to you.

Thank you David!"

Guess the saga continues.
What happened next?

I think he went in for the second interview but she never called him back. Or at least that was the latest news he told me but that was a week or so ago. Hopefully he has heard from her since then.

Robyn I have an HR question. How come whenever you call an HR person to "follow up" or whatever they never answer the phone. Never, ever.

Do they not feel comfortable telling someone they didn't get the job? That is my guess, but in all the times I've tried to call an HR person to follow up or check on the status of an application I've never talked to a human so I'd just leave voice mails. Only when they called me did I actually get to talk to them.

I am sure they are busy. Many people in HR are always on the phone or dealing with an employee issue, so they are probably tied up. I will tell you with 99% certainty that they will always appreciate an email over a phone call. Phone calls take far too long to handle. Emails can be taken care of immediately. Or you could call, leave a message and then send an email informing the person that you left a message for them.

Herman, people in HR have a full time job justifying their existence within their organization so calling you back about a job application is low on their priorities.

Herman, people in HR have a full time job justifying their existence within their organization so calling you back about a job application is low on their priorities.

Or maybe they just really hate him.

Perhaps, but their Herman hating still only ranks at #2 on their organizational goals.

I understand the jokes, but truly, HR people have a shitty job. With all of the litigation these days, HR is constantly brushing up on new policies and labor law and discrimination law and making sure that management is following proper procedure when counseling or terminating employees. It is disgusting all of the people out there wanting to sue for EVERYTHING.

I understand the jokes, but truly, HR people have a shitty job. With all of the litigation these days, HR is constantly brushing up on new policies and labor law and discrimination law and making sure that management is following proper procedure when counseling or terminating employees. It is disgusting all of the people out there wanting to sue for EVERYTHING.

I'm going to sue you for implying that only disgusting people want to sue people.

i liked it when robyn was telling that romanian lady bar tender about the labor laws in florida and the romanian lady gave robyn a ""nuh uh sistar" look shaking her head no, robyn they fire anybody when ever they want

i liked it when robyn was telling that romanian lady bar tender about the labor laws in florida and the romanian lady gave robyn a ""nuh uh sistar" look shaking her head no, robyn they fire anybody when ever they want

That's why people hire foreigners, Juror. They are too scared to rock the boat.

Dave didn't get the job...he got word a few days ago. I saw some sort of facebook status in regard to it mentioning that he got an official letter or somethign.