Reunions..do you go?

• Start date
  • Replies 121 Comments
  • Views 3,795 Views
I agree 100%.

in IAG's case, I would have simply said thanks for the offer, but my work and family schedules are hectic and finding time to meet up would be a challenge.

I would Pucky, but I have been doing that to the girl for 2 years and I kind of threw it out there on FB never dreaming that it would be this soon. It will be fine....although some family stuff going on that kind of makes it a bad time, but I can get thru an hour I guess.

I think it's a good thing IAG is going. It will be good for her to have a social life there.
This is true. Exactly what my brother told me. Even if I have nothing in common with them per se, maybe will get me invites to parties or things where I can meet more people. Talked to my brother about getting more in home help for the summer so I can have more time away. I'm also entertaining the idea of taking some classes of some sort....either brushing up on the paralegal stuff which was my primary career, or going in a different direction. I like the idea of medical billing/coding like Nina is doing. I had entertained that before she mentioned it even...it's a very promising field I think and it allows you often to work at home...which I have come to appreciate.. *no bra Cami!

Kind of got off topic there, but yes it will be good for me. I know I will probably have fun...and once I do this once, I can make plans with the other people I have put off for two years. And then when it rolls around time for the actual reunion next year, it won't seem as intimidating....only really intimidated because my memory sucks and will feel bad not knowing who people are. I guess they probably wear nametags.

Yeah I would think it would be mandatory to wear name tags....but hell I don't know!

What'd your bro say when you asked about more help for the summer?

Yeah I would think it would be mandatory to wear name tags....but hell I don't know!

What'd your bro say when you asked about more help for the summer?
Oh I'm sure it is. Dumb of me to even entertain that they wouldn't. Really I meant remember much about them from HS.

Actually it was his idea. They have been pushing me to establish more contacts/friends here for some time..since it appeared I would be here for a while. They appreciate me being here and would do whatever to make it work for me. I just haven't taken the initiative enough.

well darlin, I think this coming luncheon could be a good start! I really think it would do wonders for you! Humans are social beings, no one can be happy with out it, IMO.

well darlin, I think this coming luncheon could be a good start! I really think it would do wonders for you! Humans are social beings, no one can be happy with out it, IMO.
I know. I used to be a VERY social person. I just didn't know how invested I wanted to get with people here, but it looks like it will be the right course of action regardless.

It's D Day! Didn't have time to study their facebooks. I guess I'll wing it. Wish me luck....dreading this for some reason.

Just go and be yourself. They could be the easiest going people in the world with TONS of skeletons in their closet.

Just go and be yourself. They could be the easiest going people in the world with TONS of skeletons in their closet.

No skeletons I'm sure, but they will be easy going. I just have a tendency to obsess about these things...I'm sure I will be glad I went.I should have prepped on biomedical engineering. I have no idea what that even means.

IAG
biomedical engineering. I have no idea what that even means.

I asked once. Biomedical engineers make stuff for hospitals.

Then you run out of conversation.

IAG
No skeletons I'm sure, but they will be easy going. I just have a tendency to obsess about these things...I'm sure I will be glad I went.I should have prepped on biomedical engineering. I have no idea what that even means.

Then ask the dude. It's a great way to show that you are comfortable asking questions and are interested in the dudes background.

I asked once. Biomedical engineers make stuff for hospitals.

Then you run out of conversation.

Only introverted (past and present) shitheads run out of conversation.

True. I run out of conversation a lot.

The in-common-laws are right where I like them - 100 miles away. :up:

Grandma's BFF tried to invite herself over tomorrow evening at 8:30 cause she was having dinner in the big city. Apparently this woman embarrassed Grandma by mentioning that E and I were not married yet, during some public function.

Either way. That's JL's bedtime, you old hag. Go back to North Bumblefuck, ON.

:pecosbill:

Apparently this woman embarrassed Grandma by mentioning that E and I were not married yet, during some public function.:

Why would this be such a bad thing? The closed mindedness of some people! Unreal! :clueless:

It's a big deal for backwards-ass religious foks.

It's a big deal for backwards-ass religious foks.

Relax fella! You knew that when you decided not to take it out! I have a way out for you ....... stop purchasing unnecessary electronic gadgets, buy a lovely ring! Then get Grandma and your side of the family to foot half of the bill for a great wedding reception*!

*Meaning lots of drink, food, and music to swing with! Over-the-top ambiance isn't necessary and has no tangible benefits! Like buying not needed electronics!

Montreal Area reception is a MUST!!!

Lovely ring for what?

We're gonna handcraft our wedding bands out of a Krugerrand.

In-laws are already contributing to the wedding, but E and I are still stuck with 2/3 of the bill. Been saving up for it since last year.

Having poor parents sucks.