• Replies 121 Comments
  • Views 3,723 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
I ran into a high school friend at the gym the other day. We probably would not have recognized each other if we were not fb friends.

We talked for 10 minutes...he said "We'll have to grab lunch sometime." I probably said something like "sure yeah we'll do that. We'll bring ***** too (mutual friend who asked me to lunch 2 years ago when i moved back and i have put off) I know I said something about during the SPRING or when the weather is better or something to that effect. I figured it was one of those social niceties that people do and never come to fruition.

Nope. My bad. Posted on fb good to see him and all I know is now I am having lunch with the both of them Tuesday at 11:30.
Honestly I remember very little about them. I mean, we were friends, but neither were in my "inner circle" so to speak.

He is now chief of medical bioengineering for U of SD. She works for the school of mines. Both are married..at least one has kids. I have no idea what I will talk to these people about. Nothing I will have in common with them. I liken it to going to a HS reunion which I have never done.

If I hadn't already put girl off for 2 years I would find a way out, but I know it's good for me to start developing more relationships here.

Anyway...have you gone to a HS reunion or hooked up with old friends? Did you like it? Were people the way you remembered them? DID you remember them?

I'm a little nervous about this. I think if I treat them as virtual strangers I will be fine..otherwise I will be feeling awkward for not remembering more.

Please define "hooking up".

Sounds like there will be a 3way after lunch.

To answer your question, I did in fact attend my schools 50th anniversaire reunion in 2007. I was in grade 10 in 1982 when my highschool had its 25 yr reunion and remember thinking how 2007 would never come. I enjoyed the reunion but didn't see a whole lot of students from my time at the reunion, some of those I did see didn't recognize me.

Sometimes I will meet up with friends, though I haven't in a couple years. As far as highschool reunions, nope never went and doubt I ever will.

Please define "hooking up".

Sounds like there will be a 3way after lunch.

To answer your question, I did in fact attend my schools 50th anniversaire reunion in 2007. I was in grade 10 in 1982 when my highschool had its 25 yr reunion and remember thinking how 2007 would never come. I enjoyed the reunion but didn't see a whole lot of students from my time at the reunion, some of those I did see didn't recognize me.

Would you do it again? And do I dare click on that link in your signature?

IAG
Would you do it again? And do I dare click on that link in your signature?

Sure I'd do it again. All I did was show up at my highschool and sign in. Then walk around and shmooze with my fellow ex-students.

Eazy peazy.

If you don't click on the link you will have to show me your tits.

The choice is yours, pal.

I clicked. I like it. There is a DQ...good enough for me...and that's not disqualified.

I dunno. I usually feel that I can hold my own with the best of them, but these are some REALLY smart people. I'll have to do FB homework and study up on their kids and dogs so I can keep the focus on them, and less on my boring life.

Really it's not about that at all. I just don't want to go...but I will. And it will be one of those things that I am really glad I did after dreading it.

Went to my 10yr, t'was fun. Doubt I'll go to the 20th.

Went to my 10yr, t'was fun. Doubt I'll go to the 20th.
I've heard the 20th is "better" then the 10th because people are not so concerned with impressing others and putting on airs. My 30th will be coming up in a couple. Fok. How did that happen? I will look much younger than most (primarily I think from not having kids,) but they will have on average led more interesting and satisfying lives.

Edit...not more interesting, just more satisfying. I think I'll go anyway.

Matty..how far away is your 20th? You have to go If for no other reason than showing off pics of JL

:dontthinkso: ... they are small town country folk who are all married and have kids running around everywhere...i have 0 in common with an y of them, am FB friends with none of them and havent seen any of them, outside of a few of my nephews football games, in about 15years when i dated one for a little while ...

fwiw, there were only 15-20kids in each grade of my little school back in those days...

I think my graduating class was about 450. No idea what kind of attendance they have at the reunions...They usually have around the 4th of July when many come back. I guess I have a year to decide about that one..

My 20th is in 2 years. Holy carp.

Just tell him "I've made 5000 posts at an online sports betting forum in the past 3 months"

"Bio-engineering schmengineering.. who cares?"

:chickendance:

Not into reunions and never attended my high school ones and never will. My wife is the same way.

I haven't gone to any of mine yet. I didn't really like most of those people when I went to school with them

My graduating class:
graduatingclass_zps8addab8a.jpg

HUGH school though, there's actually two buildings, one houses 9-10 grade and the other 11-12.

Just tell him "I've made 5000 posts at an online sports betting forum in the past 3 months"

"Bio-engineering schmengineering.. who cares?"

:chickendance:
Lol that would be funny to say that and just watch their reaction..

Wth Cami? WHere are you in that mess?