Reunions..do you go?

• Start date
  • Replies 121 Comments
  • Views 3,811 Views
IDK if I was even present for that, didn't do my senior pics either. I skipped a lot, and spent most of 12th grade in MRC or detention for one thing or another...

My graduating class:
graduatingclass_zps8addab8a.jpg

HUGH school though, there's actually two buildings, one houses 9-10 grade and the other 11-12.

Looks like there's 4 decent looking black girls in the front row.

Damn. You must have good eyes Pucky.

IAG
I clicked. I like it. There is a DQ...good enough for me...and that's not disqualified.

I dunno. I usually feel that I can hold my own with the best of them, but these are some REALLY smart people. I'll have to do FB homework and study up on their kids and dogs so I can keep the focus on them, and less on my boring life.

Really it's not about that at all. I just don't want to go...but I will. And it will be one of those things that I am really glad I did after dreading it.

:lol: fascinating people with kids and dogs even. You know what you should do at lunch? Eat foking lunch. I explained this to Steve once. I think it worked out :grin:

IAG, I agree with RC! And furthermore you should allow the chief of medical bioengineering to pay for the lunch!

i went to both of mine, they were fun. At a guess, take the size of your class and divide it in half, thats the abount of people attending.

My general philosophy about reunions has always been: vehemently opposed.

But I surprised myself by joining a facebook Sprecial Interest Group about my old neighbourhood - which encompasses the years and all the schools I went to. It's like an online reunion. It has been painless and even had a couple moments of okayness.

Had its practical moments too as one guy offered me a job interview at his place.

Gotta be honest though: my main observation: quite a drippy, unsophisticated crowd. Given that I have stayed in touch with a few guys from those days - and they are sharp as a tack - I think I expected a gamelive-ish level of discussion. No. I guess I picked out the only decently interesting people and left the rest behind.

I kinda drifted away from the facebook group. I still have no interest in an actual physical reunion but my reasons are slightly modified.

:lol: fascinating people with kids and dogs even. You know what you should do at lunch? Eat foking lunch. I explained this to Steve once. I think it worked out :grin:

Totally agree. These people could actually be decent weed smoking hippie type of people outside of work.

IAG........ RELAX!!!

I don't know who couldn't have fun at a reunion unless you hate people or a self-centered prick. The school jock is probably fat and bald, the prom queen is fat and has 3 kids, the dork worked on his social skills and is the best-looking guy there and turns down all the women who treated him like crap in HS. Something for everyone.

If you touch base with one long-lost friend who traveled many miles to attend, it's worth it. I never understood the people in my town who couldn't travel 2 miles but others traveled 2000.

Effdub - it's looking more likely that my days here in Windsor are numbered.

If you don't get a chance to visit Windsor in March we gonna have to meet up in Saskatchewan, pal.

Well for me personally, I still interact on facebook with some of them, and they haven't changed a bit. just don't have anything in common. I never liked school functions, I'd rather have my own party like I always did. More fun then a school function where you are forced to be around people you don't really want to be.

I don't know who couldn't have fun at a reunion unless you hate people or a self-centered prick. The school jock is probably fat and bald, the prom queen is fat and has 3 kids, the dork worked on his social skills and is the best-looking guy there and turns down all the women who treated him like crap in HS. Something for everyone.

If you touch base with one long-lost friend who traveled many miles to attend, it's worth it. I never understood the people in my town who couldn't travel 2 miles but others traveled 2000.

+1

It's a nice freak show. Too bad some of the freaks felt too inadequate to show up. We're all fuck-ups, relax, have a beer, tell me how you messed up.

Well for me personally, I still interact on facebook with some of them, and they haven't changed a bit. just don't have anything in common. I never liked school functions, I'd rather have my own party like I always did. More fun then a school function where you are forced to be around people you don't really want to be.

I agree 100%.

I have had many facebook friend requests in the past from old high school "acquaintances" that I simply didn't accept because I hardly knew them in high school and don't know them now and likely have nothing in common with them. I'm a pretty social cat, but I don't like rolling with people I don't really care for or never cared for. If I want to know how a person is doing or whatever then I'll ask one of my FB friends.

in IAG's case, I would have simply said thanks for the offer, but my work and family schedules are hectic and finding time to meet up would be a challenge.

I have some old classmates on there, but not a lot. and even the ones I do have on there, we don't really talk. I can see on facebook how they are doing, I feel no need to go interact with them and share my life. If they want to chat me up, they know how to reach me.

I think it's a good thing IAG is going. It will be good for her to have a social life there.