Reunions..do you go?

• Start date
  • Replies 121 Comments
  • Views 3,797 Views
I lost a few classmates, one in motorcycle accident (only a year after a suicide attempt), and a few to drugs.

That one she told me about where he committed suicide really bothered me. I guess because he was the only one I remember being bullied in school but it was pretty bad. I don't know for sure he was gay (probably) but had some very effeminate qualities and of course it was a different time. Was just a little different too. You wonder how much that contributed....those formative years are important. Sad.

well then - mark the custody question as a question not to ask

noted

thanks matty

abc, steve(s)

my bad on the crouching tiger hidden bacon shit katoson

:cheers:

Yeah that is sad IAG. I would imagine it has some kind of a bearing on it.

IAG
Well I'm back. It was fun!!! At the end I was wanting to hold on to them and say no...let's go for drinks....let's set up another lunch!

It was really easy...kind of a mix between talking to old friends and meeting a new person....talked about high school friends-one who killed himself who I distinctly remember being bullied in junior high- They were cool. I was funny. It was a little weird when they talked about their kids, but I'm no stranger to that.

I was surprised how much came back to me.

After lunch we walked thru our old high school which is now a Center for Arts and where the caf was where we ate. They have preserved a wing of the high school and had a lot of memorabilia. I saw a picture with me in it..that was weird! and my trophy for state debate champion was there in a glass case..i had no idea.

Lesson learned that I always have fun at these things I dread. Good to go outside your comfort zone at times. OH and I had forgotten that somehow this girl and I are related ..or her aunt was my dad's 3rd cousin or something..forgot we had that connection.

Now I want to call all my high school friends who are here. Weeeee

See what i mean, Sweetness!!!

'This thread got awkward quick.'

- Gamelive.com

I saw where a girl I went to high school with went on a rant about school bullying, claiming she knew how painful it was because she was bullied in school.

We obviously have different memories because she WAS a bully in high school. Bitch please...pfft....

thats interesting. you think bullies often feel they are being bullied? I think there may be a whole bullying hierarchy :dunno:

teachers need to pay attention to that. Its more significant than whatever else they are pretending to teach overthere. Tomato?

IAG
Well I'm back. It was fun!!! At the end I was wanting to hold on to them and say no...let's go for drinks....let's set up another lunch!

It was really easy...kind of a mix between talking to old friends and meeting a new person....talked about high school friends-one who killed himself who I distinctly remember being bullied in junior high- They were cool. I was funny. It was a little weird when they talked about their kids, but I'm no stranger to that.

I was surprised how much came back to me.

After lunch we walked thru our old high school which is now a Center for Arts and where the caf was where we ate. They have preserved a wing of the high school and had a lot of memorabilia. I saw a picture with me in it..that was weird! and my trophy for state debate champion was there in a glass case..i had no idea.

Lesson learned that I always have fun at these things I dread. Good to go outside your comfort zone at times. OH and I had forgotten that somehow this girl and I are related ..or her aunt was my dad's 3rd cousin or something..forgot we had that connection.

Now I want to call all my high school friends who are here. Weeeee

Glad you had a great time! :up: