Random thoughts

They changed an intersection on my commute. It used to be a regular stoplights-all-around situation but they made it a roundabout.

I have two thoughts about it:

1) there is a whole helluva lot less waiting which I like.

2) to properly use a roundabout requires a certain amount of common sense and I'm not sure I trust humanity to deal with it. I predict stupidity-related collisions.

2) to properly use a roundabout requires a certain amount of common sense and I'm not sure I trust humanity to deal with it. I predict stupidity-related collisions.

Is it a single lane or a double lane roundabout. The doubles is where the troubles' at, in my observation wally.

There's always a bit of a "here goes nothing" feeling when entering a roundabout for the first time. Shit's not all that intuitive.

There's always a bit of a "here goes nothing" feeling when entering a roundabout for the first time. Shit's not all that intuitive.

The roundabouts in Bogota on the way back to the airport are like “OK BOYS HERE WE GO!”

:moped:

Some kind of decision is required on what to do with my head.

I hate musicals.

Wife is 20 mins into watching Hamilton and I've already tuned it out and I feel bad about it.

I'm not a bad person, but fuck this shit.

I like musicals - some of them a whole hell of a lot - but I downloaded Hamilton and I'm not especially optimistic. I've seen clips here and there since it burst on the scene, and it seems very rappy and just not up my alley.

But I'll give it an honest shot. Soon, I think.

It's not all that rappy actually. I think I would've liked it better if it was heavier hip hop but it's mostly standard musical fare, i.e. long uninspired melodies that need to cram way too many words in, and then performed by a mish-mash of excellent to mediocre singers.

It just seems so unremarkable overall.

Yeah, I guess it's the cramming in of words I have noticed.

It's a lot of American-ness too. I'm not looking for a lot more America in my life. The amount of America going on right now I would describe as: ample.

But who knows? Sometimes musicals just get in there on me unexpectedly.

I hate musicals.

Wife is 20 mins into watching Hamilton and I've already tuned it out and I feel bad about it.

I'm not a bad person, but fuck this shit.

Did you like Grease? I’ve never seen Hamilton but just curious.

Grease is alright. Tons of classic songs obviously.

(Still, meh?)

Is it even possible to consume culture or entertainment without American-ness being involved?

Is it even possible to consume culture or entertainment without American-ness being involved?

Is this your conclusion as a world traveller? Though most of the world is certainly Americanised in many ways, it is certainly possible to avoid Americanness.

Most countries have their own star system and cultural infrastructure. Shit, my home province has its own.

Lol I had a feeling vagsbond would chime in.

Take a look at the media that mudcat references in this thread.

What percentage of it comes from a non-related culture?