Random thoughts

Or, as Mark Twain put it...

"You visit Heaven for the climate
You visit Hell for the company".

Very nice. :headbanger: It seems like there's a Mark Twain quote for anything and everything.

The only animal I ever killed was a woodpecker. I still feel bad to this day when I hear or read the word, and it happens quite often - doesn't help that a local cult band wrote a song about le pic-bois.

Twin brother, a buddy and I were playing around with an assortment of BB guns at my Mom's shack in the woods. A woodpecker had been hammering away for a couple hours and we were trying to locate him. After a while, my brother points towards a telephone pole - it was far, at least 200 yards away, and we could only make out the bird's dark silhouette from there. We started shooting with no hope or intention to hit the bird... we all knew it was a one-in-a-million shot from that distance, and we were only looking for an excuse, any excuse to shoot at something. The three of us shot maybe 20 pellets at the bird before we gave up. We started walking back towards the shack when my brother took another shot with his .357 Magnum replica, which was by far the least accurate of the guns we had. About 2 seconds after the shot, we see the bird fall off the pole, drawing big loops in the air with its wings fully extended. Oh no. We ran towards the telephone pole to check on the bird and we found it breathing hard, its wings still extended, a small pool of blood near its belly. We were mortified - not only did we not intend to kill it, but it also happened to be the most beautiful bird we'd ever seen.

I finished off the bird with the .357 that my brother didn't wanna hold on to anymore and we all walked back to the shack feeling nauseous.

That's the day I found out I was gay.

The end.

I knew it!

I play hockey Left, yet I bat and golf Right.

That makes no sense whatsoever....it is the same motion.

Yeah, that seems to be the most common combination. I can't get anyone to explain how it makes sense to play hockey one way and golf the other, but I guess they're different enough postures to warrant a different stance. I dunno, totally makes sense for me to do both right-handed.

Obviously you agree with me on the golf thing.

I don't understand why there are so many more left-handed people in Canada....really I don't.

We played in a baseball tourney every year in Canada and a couple of the teams were from Canada (somewhere in Ontario), anyway at least half of their team at least batted left handed. Most teams, especially in highschool only had about 2-3 lefties on the team. Why is it that in Canada that they all bat lefty? Is it the opposite of the U.S.A, that they force people to become left handed?

Left is the proper way to hold the hockey stick. It has nothing to do with being left-handed.

Left is the proper way to hold the hockey stick. It has nothing to do with being left-handed.

That makes no sense to me at all.

Well LH is the majority in the NHL, but there are many great RH players.

The reason LH makes sense for me is because I think the dominant hand should be on top of the stick. There are many instances while playing hockey that you would only have one hand (the top hand) controlling the stick.

Twin brother, a buddy and I were playing around with an assortment of BB guns at my Mom's shack in the woods. A woodpecker had been hammering away for a couple hours and we were trying to locate him. After a while, my brother points towards a telephone pole - it was far, at least 200 yards away, and we could only make out the bird's dark silhouette from there. We started shooting with no hope or intention to hit the bird... we all knew it was a one-in-a-million shot from that distance, and we were only looking for an excuse, any excuse to shoot at something. The three of us shot maybe 20 pellets at the bird before we gave up. We started walking back towards the shack when my brother took another shot with his .357 Magnum replica, which was by far the least accurate of the guns we had. About 2 seconds after the shot, we see the bird fall off the pole, drawing big loops in the air with its wings fully extended. Oh no. We ran towards the telephone pole to check on the bird and we found it breathing hard, its wings still extended, a small pool of blood near its belly. We were mortified - not only did we not intend to kill it, but it also happened to be the most beautiful bird we'd ever seen.

I finished off the bird with the .357 that my brother didn't wanna hold on to anymore and we all walked back to the shack feeling nauseous.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Not a big fan of all the proud animal abusers in this thread right now.

The only animal I ever killed was a woodpecker. I still feel bad to this day when I hear or read the word, and it happens quite often - doesn't help that a local cult band wrote a song about le pic-bois.

That's the day I found out I was gay.

The end.

This story is very sad. The only creatures I do not care for are reptiles and insects. It makes me sad that people kill animals for fun (not that it was your intention).

This story is very sad. The only creatures I do not care for are reptiles and insects. It makes me sad that people kill animals for fun (not that it was your intention).

Robyn, some kids do a lot of stupid things when they are 11. I love animals these days. :panda:

Robyn, some kids do a lot of stupid things when they are 11. I love animals these days. :panda:

Yup. I was probably around 11 too when the woodpecker killing happened. Same summer that a bunch of us set fire to one of our school's wooden doors then blamed it on a retarded kid who wasn't there when the cops showed up.

Kids are awful. I want one, possibly two.

And what's the deal with left-handed people? Don't you find the whole left-handed thing to be a bit much? Like, just cool it with that stuff.

I am left handed. Really.

Or else you will become a serial killer like Betplom.
I am not a serial killer, yet.

That is a colorful metaphor. I like it.

Meanwhile I have a friend having day surgery on Thursday and she needs a designated "responsible adult" to be assigned to drive her home and keep an eye on her for awhile. So I got recruited.

I remember many chunks of my life where I could have been called a lot of things but not "responsible adult." But now check me out - I am the responsible adult.

I feel like I want to make up business cards.

MUDCAT
RESPONSIBLE ADULT