Random thoughts

Watching TV last night, some announcer was saying, "Unless you have been living under a rock, you are familiar with . . . "

And then she started naming a bunch of people I had never heard of.

Fuck you.

It was about the show Jersey Shore btw. I had heard the name but knew nothing about it. They started showing clips and I thought, by gawd every single person is completely uninteresting with nothing going for them. How is that a show?

I say you would have to be living under a rock for something like that to seem worth your time.

So take that, dumb TV announcer stupid-head!

I don't know how people can watch that garbage, honestly. I'd rather kick rocks. You're not the only one that wouldn't know anyone from that show, Muddy.

I've never seen it either Mudcat.

I don't want to watch a bunch of meat heads and superficial skanks expedite the decline of human civilization.

My biggest problem with that show is the women are not even remotely attractive. There are so many hot Italian women on this planet and they pick those car crashes? Unreal.

Heh. I don't even know what any of them look like... :dunno:

Couldn't care less. There are so many fuckin 15 minute celebrities that roll through this town thinking they're hot shit. It's beyond annoying.

I remember Pally referring to Snookie on the beach in one of his legendary posts. All I know about it.

The older I get the more ridiculously uninteresting and shallow most pop culture things appear.

My girlfriend watches some reality TV. It's one of these things where she will talk about how stupid such-and-such is - and I ask what she is talking about - and she will say something like, "Oh it's the Real Housewives of Wherever. It's really stupid."

But she watches. I guess it's a "loves to hate" thing.

Through her I have been exposed to things I would never normally watch. There are these "real housewives" (who seem exactly as uninteresting as the Jersey Shore crowd). Celebrity Rehab. Wife swap (???) Some damn show about people who hoard a lot of stuff. :dunno:

I have just seen a few minutes of those here and there but she has made me sit and watch a couple full episodes of the Gene Simmons reality show. That is not a "loves to hate" thing; she really likes it. I point out how it is clearly scripted but she doesn't seem to care.

I am having quite a drama playing out beside me here. There is a big fly (it could be a bee. I haven't taken a really close look) stuck between the window and the screen. I first saw it yesterday. It was energetically looking for a way out. It was wandering back and forth, up and down, every which way.

I know there are ways out. For one thing, it must be possible to get out the same way it got in. For another thing, I can see a tear in the screen that leads right outside. It is easily big enough for the bug to fit through.

I assumed yesterday that it would either escape or just die. But this morning I see what appears to be the same bug crawling around on the screen, albeit quite a bit slower. So it is a slow death.

It is not practical for me to remove the screen and let it out. What I could do is go outside and kill it by squishing it through the screen. I know this is possible because I did it before. That's how the aforementioned tear in the screen happened. I was trying to euthanize some poor bug that seemed to be dying a slow, tortuous death and I smacked it with a shoe or whatever and I ended up ripping my screen.

Life can be wretched.

You know you're getting old when you can't tell the difference between a fly and a bee.:dunno:

You know you're getting laid when you don't care to tell the difference between a fly and a bee.
dunno.gif

Fuck you Muddy.

You people are underestimating the dirtiness of my windows.

Are those custom-made assless unicorn chaps? I would like more info.

I'll have to do more research for you. But I found some of these to tide you over.

hunkwear.jpg

Sadly, I think Swarmy has quick access to these pictures since they're saved on his laptop for "private clicking" alone.

actually, no. I go to a forum that has a 'Pic of the Day' thread. Sadly, some days these kinda pics seem to be featured.

and I only post them if they are amusing or worth a chuckle. like this one....

Clownball.gif