Random thoughts

Scholar, learn to teach me how to make a million dollars in a week. There's $500 in it for ya.

learn to teach? what you mean, rather learn than teach?

No, I mean I'd like to acquire a Masters in something, so I could teach at a college or university. The problem is the something, because it represents not only my tredipation about returning to academia, but also my lack of current passion about any one scholarly field. I want to return some forward momentum to my life path, but this is the first time I'll be doing so at the expense of something that's working well. I'm going to have to learn how to wear more than one hat at a time, and how to replace some of the unbridled enthusiasm for academics from my youth with the temperance and determination that I've gained in the intervening years.

No, I mean I'd like to acquire a Masters in something, so I could teach at a college or university. The problem is the something, because it represents not only my tredipation about returning to academia, but also my lack of current passion about any one scholarly field. I want to return some forward momentum to my life path, but this is the first time I'll be doing so at the expense of something that's working well. I'm going to have to learn how to wear more than one hat at a time, and how to replace some of the unbridled enthusiasm for academics from my youth with the temperance and determination that I've gained in the intervening years.

got ya. the problem of that to me is that you have to dedicate a good chunk of your life to that project, a decade+ for it to be fulfilling. I can't ever do that, I like to change lifestyle every few months, I could never picture my self on such formal thing.

That's very similar to my problem, although I don't have a craving for new experiences like you express. Moreso, I really enjoy working alone; all of the happiest and most successful periods in my life are characterized by my ability to live well as an individual unit and not part of a "team." I'm sure there's deeper reasoning behind it that I should address rather than acquiesce to, but gazing that deep into the mirror is easier said than done.

Sometimes I like to have peanut butter and banana on raisin toast in the morning. My girlfriend thinks I am completely crazy. I think it is a natural and she is crazy for questioning it.

If anyone would like to take my side here, I would be good with that.

Sometimes I like to have peanut butter and banana on raisin toast in the morning. My girlfriend thinks I am completely crazy. I think it is a natural and she is crazy for questioning it.

If anyone would like to take my side here, I would be good with that.

Thanks buddy! Just read this and won't have to do my test. This post gave me the answer! I will always be on your side! :yes:

That is a delicious concoction.

LOL...I said "coc."

Okay. I will tell my gf that I posted this and the votes were 13-0 in my favor.

Probably not something I would enjoy but hardly "completely crazy".

peanut butter and banana samiches are good.

along with fresh garden grown tomato samiches,
and cool ranch dorito samiches

and my random thoughts of the day:
no work, bank acct drying up...
I gonna smoke a whole chicken today and drink some beer

and my random thoughts of the day:
no work, bank acct drying up...
I gonna smoke a whole chicken today and drink some beer

I like it. If in doubt, smoke a chicken. :yes:

Which end do you draw out of when you smoke the chicken? Please tell me it's the beak and you light the ass.

Mudcat, I woulda busted her knee up really bad if my girlfriend said that to me.

PS: How is your gal doing these days?

PPS: I mean the flesh and bones girlfriend, NOT the car.

I like a lot of banana on my banana toast and I would tend to think that my approach would overwhelm the raisin.

Yeah. Waste of raisin if you ask me.

I like a lot of banana on my banana toast and I would tend to think that my approach would overwhelm the raisin.

Yeah. Waste of raisin if you ask me.

Shocker...

Mudcat, I woulda busted her knee up really bad if my girlfriend said that to me.

PS: How is your gal doing these days?

PPS: I mean the flesh and bones girlfriend, NOT the car.

She is doing as well as can be expected. She is hobbling around pretty good but there is daily improvement, thank you for asking.