Random thoughts

Commander Keen

"I just pretend I am at the zoo." This old gringo that I rented an apartment from when I first moved to medellin told me this of when his Colombian in laws came over. Seems about right.

matty tsbmw needs a best bet thread record to pimp out

Glad I took Peanut for a long walk! Was planning on just saying fuk it and playing what little I have left at BM on Mich and S FLA! I hate CBB!

Have you ever had it where,

There is some guy you always see around your neighborhood and he looks kind of crazy? You don't think he is actually homeless but he looks borderline. Grubby clothes. He's got the grey hair ponytail and unkempt facial hair. He has that really thin wiry frame that some alcoholics end up with.

But you keep seeing him around town and he is never doing anything crazy. He is always just walking here and there calmly. And one day you suddenly think, 'What an asshole I am. Why am I so judgmental. So he's probably not rich and he has different ideas about hair than me - but why am I jumping to conclusions? He actually doesn't look a lot different than my brother who is as good-natured, gentle, intelligent a guy as you would want to meet.'

You give yourself that mental reproach and from that point on you change your assumption. You see him walking along the street and you think, 'There's my neighborhood buddy. Good guy.'

And that lasts for years and years. It becomes woven into the fabric of your thinking.

Then suddenly one day - for the very first time - you see him speak, you see him in action. Out of the blue he suddenly starts yelling and shaking his fist at traffic from the sidewalk: "Move it asshole. We need the space. Stop making the RAIN!"

I had that experience today.

:lol:

Does anyone watch this X Games shit?

Seems like one of those things that happens every year for no reason.

Maybe I'm just getting old. :dunno:

I just saw the Royal Rumble. :dunno:

sounds about right. And yes I'm getting old. :up: fuck being young, and fuck the young punks:oldballs:

Just noticed I've got a YouTube video with over a thousand views.

A few random thoughts about that:

It took about 2 and a half years. Most of my vids seem to reach a level and then stop but this one keeps inching along. I would have guessed that most views would be from Canada where there are so many Gordon Lightfoot fans but not so. Most views are from the US with 692 (compared to 234 from Canada.)

3 views from Japan. I wish I had given a shout out to Japan.

If I had known that would be my most popular video I would have skipped the dopey spoken intro which I guess was supposed to be humble and humorous but when I looked at it just now made me cringe. And I would have rethought the way I handled the timing of the song.

I guess what I'm saying is, I would have done a better video. I wish I could now redo the song and keep the views but it doesn't work that way, does it?

In retrospect, I also should have shaved the mustache.

I suppose if I was really worried about getting a video with a large number of views I would just do some reaction/criticism/lampooning vid to the next idiotic viral thing that comes along like Rebecca Black's Friday. But I don't see that happening.

I guess that's all I have to say about that.

it all started going wrong when he shaved the mustache

same with Olshak. Messing with hair is dangerous business

Hooked up my HDTV finally tonight.

Called in because mysteriously when I did so the internet went out and the premium channels wouldn't work. The guy mentioned that there might be a splitter I disconnected that screwed everything up. I told him there wasn't one, no way. We worked on fixing things for about 40 minutes and nothing would work. After I got off the phone I found the splitter I had disconnected under my old desktop and some junk. Plugged it in and magically everything works perfect.

My bad. :facepalm:

It is rogie, for all the other shit i blow money on i held out on high def.

Digging it :like:

rip :scholar:

154207_478444618450_542383450_5760651_6178398_n.jpg

Just noticed I've got a YouTube video with over a thousand views.

A few random thoughts about that:

It took about 2 and a half years. Most of my vids seem to reach a level and then stop but this one keeps inching along. I would have guessed that most views would be from Canada where there are so many Gordon Lightfoot fans but not so. Most views are from the US with 692 (compared to 234 from Canada.)

3 views from Japan. I wish I had given a shout out to Japan.

If I had known that would be my most popular video I would have skipped the dopey spoken intro which I guess was supposed to be humble and humorous but when I looked at it just now made me cringe. And I would have rethought the way I handled the timing of the song.

I guess what I'm saying is, I would have done a better video. I wish I could now redo the song and keep the views but it doesn't work that way, does it?

In retrospect, I also should have shaved the mustache.

I suppose if I was really worried about getting a video with a large number of views I would just do some reaction/criticism/lampooning vid to the next idiotic viral thing that comes along like Rebecca Black's Friday. But I don't see that happening.

I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Think how many views will come when you do Hallelujah.