Random thoughts

thoughts are with you, your fam, and your girl..

what a great dog

I'll always remember him from this vid...

everyone pause and give all the gamelive pets up in heaven a big head nod at some point during the day...

My dad left my mom when I was born. She re-married and had 2 more kids and then he died (well he didnt die immediately, he remained in a comma for more than a year) in a car wreck when I was like 6.

My dad was never more than 20 miles from me my entire life and but had absolutely nothing to do with me, basically an absent father.

I turned out ok more or less but it was tough growing up with just a mom. There are certain things I learned later in life that I might have learned sooner. There are perspectives I developed that may have been different had I had a male figure to do the teaching or at least to balance out the perspectives.

My mom did an amazing job but there is no question that having a male figure around would have made some things in life differently. I think the same would be true if the roles are reversed and a child is growing up motherless (probably would be even worse in many aspects) but I can only speculate on that.

Thanks for sharing Wal.

as you look back, do you recall having male coaches, teachers, male school staff, uncles that were influential in your life?

did you look towards "heros" or "role models" on tv/sports to sort of look up to as an adolescent/teen as you tried to figure out who you were?

Oxy, if your boy grows up with half as much integrity as Wally, he'll still be a great guy with ALOT of integrity....

peoples be resilient yo

I'm glad to say I got the chance to spend a few days with Pogo, on multiple occasions. He was a great dog and lucky to have you as an owner. RIP

omfg i swear someone cursed GL this year. i'm so so sorry Matty. RIP darling Pogo xo

Thanks all. Good news is, we got to spend the whole evening with him. He insisted on being brought up on the couch (he had stopped even trying to jump up about 6 months ago) so he could lay down next to us, he even climbed on the GF's lap and rested on her for a bit, which he had never done before.

But I'm afarid that's the only good news I got. He had an obstruction somewhere down his intestine, probably from eating chicken wing bones yet again, and his old heart was beating twice as fast as it normally would. Vet said he was likely very ill on top of having the obstruction, and he was not stable enough to have a good chance of surviving surgery - she couldn't even keep him hydrated with IV fluids.
Last memory I'll have is him perking up and wagging his tail when we entered the ER room. I got to say goodnight around 2am, and at 6:30am, the vet called to explain that he was quickly deteriorating. He was put to sleep about an hour ago.

Losing my buddy after 14 years is pretty fucking horrible. Every pet owner dreads this moment obviously... only good thing is that Pogo went downhill very suddenly and didn't have to be in pain for very long at all.

RIP old pal ::):)(

:fok:*1000

That's devastating.

Atleast he's out of pain, and chasing butterflies and squirrels in the clouds above.

Always hard losing a pet. I remember crying for hours when we lost Coco, our spaniel. I was 12 at the time.

We have 2 dogs now who mean the world to me and my family. Cannot fathom ever letting go of them. They're family.

RIP Pogo

Sorry, Matty! What a horrible loss.

SoV
...and chasing butterflies and squirrels in the clouds above.

sorry for the loss matty, but this type of condolence has always pissed me off. lol are you talking to a 6 year old? pretty sure he is a grown intelligent man.

I am really sorry Matty, I am just glad you guys had some great years together. I love that part around the 8 second mark in the video where he looks up to check out your playing. Rip Pogo

sorry for the loss matty, but this type of condolence has always pissed me off. lol are you talking to a 6 year old? pretty sure he is a grown intelligent man.

When you finally reach the clouds above, I'm sure the lovely angels will play the harp for you and treat you to exquisite wine, and that you will certainly be in much more pleasure than in your current condition.

100 horny virgins> angels
drinking harp and whisky> drinking wine
listening to u2/ duran duran> listening to a harp... tough to rock out on a harp. and you ever tried to fok to harp music?

I don't want no clouds either

SoV
When you finally reach the clouds above, I'm sure the lovely angels will play the harp for you and treat you to exquisite wine, and that you will certainly be in much more pleasure than in your current condition.

:what?:

I kind of like how the Duran Duran thing has become a part of Gamelive schtick.

They're playing @ the Hard Rock here in a few days. We would go see them but we've already seen them @ least 4 times over the
course of the last 3 decades.

:weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:

Sorry for your loss Matty!!!

RIP Pogo!

91182z_Large.jpg

I mostly care very little about pets, but Pogo was cool. I can tell by his expressions. And he ran this place.

:what?:are we gonna do now

Sorry about the dog pal. Most of us here know what it's like to lose a pet.

Are you considering having the dog stuffed (like a trophy Musky) by a taxidermist so you could mount him on the wall?

(When I say "mount him" I'm not talking about the usual "dog mounting" like when they hump your leg but more like a showcasing.)

Taxidermists gotta eat too, pal.