Random thoughts

Feel better darling Pogo :sad:

so what do people do?

im not even sure they have public schools in colombia. ive heard of them but i dont think ive ever seen one.

Pay for private school (which in my area is the price of a new car for a year of kindy), homeschool or start dodging things to try to get into another school in a different suburb. That's why I laughed when this city was named the most liveable. Yeah it's got some great aspects but if you don't have money, you're f'd.
I had to take a state mandated class couple weeks ago with what I'm going through and having kids involved.
the class is given by a therapist/counseler/ physc doc, etc...
really made my head spin with what he was saying with the situations, consquences , longterm effects on kids in that predicament and how to try and deal with it.
not looking forward to the future

I'm impressed they have classes for that. But yeah, I can imagine it's pretty intense. Maybe that's why half of our generation is on anti depressants - no classes back in the 70s and 80s.

It doesn't matter how many parents raise you, you'll be fucked up one way or another when you're an adult regardless.

congrats on over 300 pages( for some ) on this thread!!!!

I had to take a state mandated class couple weeks ago with what I'm going through and having kids involved.
the class is given by a therapist/counseler/ physc doc, etc...
really made my head spin with what he was saying with the situations, consquences , longterm effects on kids in that predicament and how to try and deal with it.
not looking forward to the future

kids are amazingly resilisent.

fok all that text-book child therapy crap.

just make sure to communicate and listen to them. and make sure they have a network of caring adults and peers around them.

Common Pogo....if we can just get past 2011 (brutal year for GL pets) we could be in the clear.

Hoping for good news, Matty.

I don’t remember if it’s ever been discussed or not but how many here grew up without a father figure due to death, divorce or simply there wasn’t a father around?

I did. My dad left my mom when I was born. She re-married and had 2 more kids and then he died (well he didn’t die immediately, he remained in a comma for more than a year) in a car wreck when I was like 6.

My dad was never more than 20 miles from me my entire life and but had absolutely nothing to do with me, basically an absent father.

I turned out ok more or less but it was tough growing up with just a mom. There are certain things I learned later in life that I might have learned sooner. There are perspectives I developed that may have been different had I had a male figure to do the teaching or at least to balance out the perspectives.

My mom did an amazing job but there is no question that having a male figure around would have made some things in life differently. I think the same would be true if the roles are reversed and a child is growing up motherless (probably would be even worse in many aspects) but I can only speculate on that.

comma%20battle.jpg

Common Pogo....if we can just get past 2011 (brutal year for GL pets) we could be in the clear.

Hoping for good news, Matty.

Thanks all. Good news is, we got to spend the whole evening with him. He insisted on being brought up on the couch (he had stopped even trying to jump up about 6 months ago) so he could lay down next to us, he even climbed on the GF's lap and rested on her for a bit, which he had never done before.

But I'm afarid that's the only good news I got. He had an obstruction somewhere down his intestine, probably from eating chicken wing bones yet again, and his old heart was beating twice as fast as it normally would. Vet said he was likely very ill on top of having the obstruction, and he was not stable enough to have a good chance of surviving surgery - she couldn't even keep him hydrated with IV fluids.
Last memory I'll have is him perking up and wagging his tail when we entered the ER room. I got to say goodnight around 2am, and at 6:30am, the vet called to explain that he was quickly deteriorating. He was put to sleep about an hour ago.

Losing my buddy after 14 years is pretty fucking horrible. Every pet owner dreads this moment obviously... only good thing is that Pogo went downhill very suddenly and didn't have to be in pain for very long at all.

RIP old pal ::):)(

:fok:*1000

Crap.

Well he will live on forever here. RIP Pogo.

:pogo::what?:

Sorry Matty.

OK this is just getting weird now on the disastrous year for GL pets. Can I get a recap? Then I'm putting Florence and Weezy in a bomb shelter until 2012.

Pogo, Cami, Mudcat (or was that 2010?) Cali's cat, did Floyd make it? Did Mikey have a cat go?? I know I'm missing several.

:fok: 2011.

vegas dave max
badnina sadie belle
caligirl ice
willie bee scooter
polaroid cammie

and pogo :(

Ah yes I remember all those as well.

Uncanny.

Sorry Matty. A pet can be a very tough loss in life.

The laying of the head on the girlfriends lap was a sign. So will disagree and say it was just a sick animal needing comfort but it was more than that. It was a sign of acceptance. Pogo was giving his blessing to the both of you.

I believe he knew it was time to go. I don't remember the last time he wanted to snuggle up like he did last night. And like most pets, he would always raise hell and try to run the other way when we went to the vet. This time he casually walked in by himself and he sat down patiently while the technician was checking him

I'm getting a goldfish next.

Thanks all. Good news is, we got to spend the whole evening with him. He insisted on being brought up on the couch (he had stopped even trying to jump up about 6 months ago) so he could lay down next to us, he even climbed on the GF's lap and rested on her for a bit, which he had never done before.

But I'm afarid that's the only good news I got. He had an obstruction somewhere down his intestine, probably from eating chicken wing bones yet again, and his old heart was beating twice as fast as it normally would. Vet said he was likely very ill on top of having the obstruction, and he was not stable enough to have a good chance of surviving surgery - she couldn't even keep him hydrated with IV fluids.
Last memory I'll have is him perking up and wagging his tail when we entered the ER room. I got to say goodnight around 2am, and at 6:30am, the vet called to explain that he was quickly deteriorating. He was put to sleep about an hour ago.

Losing my buddy after 14 years is pretty fucking horrible. Every pet owner dreads this moment obviously... only good thing is that Pogo went downhill very suddenly and didn't have to be in pain for very long at all.

RIP old pal ::):)(

:fok:*1000

oh matty...

i am so sorry.

we all love pogo.

my thoughts and best.

love-

kato