Random thoughts

Yuveen2 years ago (edited)
as a kid I really thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem in my life

for sure, and banana peels...

a few years back we did a hike in Paria Canyon, which is known for it's quick sand.

I actually did lose some sleep and have quite a bit of anxiety about it, more so for the dog we were taking. But I did watch a few youtube vids on how to escape quick sand for humans too.

It turned out to be a pretty dry time, so there wasn't too much quick sand and it wasn't too deep where we did it encounter it. But it was a bit freaky, like walking in peanut butter

Impossible for a human to sink into quicksand beyond about the waist. Doesn't mean you can't dehydrate or get eaten or something or drown in a rising tide... but you're not drowning in the quicksand.

well the video I was watching they had to get three experts and heavy machinery to get the guy out (was waste deep). And the guy was hurtin. However, he did intentionally stand in there for a bit

It turned out to be a pretty dry time, so there wasn't too much quick sand and it wasn't too deep where we did it encounter it. But it was a bit freaky, like walking in peanut butter

you walked on it on purpose? :wah:

you walked on it on purpose? :wah:

no you couldn't distinguish between the regular ground and the quick sand ground. It all pretty much looked the same, and sometimes it was actually under water in the shallow 1 foot trickle of water we had to cross over back and forth like 200 times per day. we had trekking poles and you try to feel for the really deep stuff.

this gives me a mild panic attack. again i'm so glad we went after a pretty long drought

Healthy Choice sweet and sour chicken - I wanted some of that fried crispiness you get from a Chinese restaurant. It was not to be. Decent taste though. Not that filling.

6.2 Steviestars

The two kids living in the unit next to ours didn't seem to have jobs. I was wondering how they were paying rent. I got my answer a couple days ago from the landlady - they weren't. :biglaugh:

Anyone wanna move in next to me? There's a new vacancy.

:highfive: We can go see the exotic dancing when it reopens.

IMG_20210127_151708.jpg

IMG_20210127_151715.jpg

-Hey bud, you think we need a new screen for the strip club sign?
-Why? This one's fine.

Been vaping my ass off - good way to permafuck up your lungs and get the big C (which runs in my family).

Nicotine gum purchased.

Let the ween begin.

Last edited: