Random thoughts

Generations of kids across French Canadia have chuckled at the sight of a certain car - the Buick Lacrosse.

In the best of cases, "la crosse" is a scam, a fraud. But most notably, it is Quebec slang for what shanty refers to as manustrating.

The Buick Handjob.

Tee hee.

I was just walking back from the bacon store,

plommer is officially calling bullshit on this.

Mudcat you silly cunt we do not have "bacon stores" here in Canada/Ontario/Toronto.

You will only confuze the Americans that post here, they are easily misled.

Ficshnasty might not be fooled though, at one time in his life he was actually a Canadian.

Muddy explained the origin of "bacon store" plommer.

Strike 1 plommer.

after 4 yrs in business I have my first unhappy customer.
he was pleased with job when I was done I told me he would recommend me to others.
2 days pass by and he calls me threatening to sue me cause I ripped him off. WTF???
Asshole signed a contract, payed me in full and now wants a refund and a free job or he's gonna sue me.

my random thought:
buyers remorse will turn even the most happy customer into a total asshole threatening to tarnish your reputation.
contract signed, paid in full, job inspected and passed customers expectations, money in hand , means I'm not financing your job you fuking parasite

Guy sounds like a fart sandwich.

A total fart sandwich.

:thumbsdown:

Muddy explained the origin of "bacon store" plommer.

Strike 1 plommer.
Yeah, I posted before I read some of the replies.

Mudcat is doing his best to mislead the Americans.

MrX
I would have assumed it was a new drug named "Evasive (TM)."

Do you have the same crazy prescription drug names in Canada that we have down here? I swear to God they're now pushing a new drug now named Ass-Effects. They spell it ACIPHEX, but pronounce it Ass-Effects. And some of the symptoms it treats include constipation and diarrhea. Ass-Effects. I see like 5 commercials a day for it.

Ass-Effects and iPads. Who's running these companies?

Ass-Effects.

ACIPHEX. I love it. Profoundly.

ACIPHEX for a product that influences constipation and diarrhea. How great is that?

Very.

I have another story relating to miscommunication.

My buddy and I used to hang around at this pool hall and one time he was talking to the Greek owner about his girlfriend who was taking a vacation in the Bahamas.

"She's in Nassau," my buddy sez, "I miss her."

"Why do you miss her if she's an asshole?" Greek guy sez.

My buddy scratches his head. "She's in Nassau but I will be glad when she gets home."

"Why do you want her home if she's an asshole?"

They went on and on, both sincerely puzzled. I actually figured out the confusion immediately but I was stoned and I was laughing pretty hard. Every time I thought I had calmed down enough to explain it to them, they would do it again and I would start laughing harder

In the 20 years before my current employment situation, I had a lot of jobs. Over 60. I was restless and I bounced around a lot.

Naturally I have quit a lot of jobs. My random thought relates to times I have given notice that I was leaving places.

In those situations where people knew I was leaving, I would always get people sidling up to me to tell me confidentially that they would be leaving next. I must have had hundreds of people do that over the years. Oftentimes it was people I barely knew. But they just had to tell me that.

I don't think I ever once, in all those many and various workplaces, had someone tell me they were really happy working there and they figured it was an above average place.

So we have a guy giving us the GLPOTD play today who has Robyn gardening semi-nude in his head? WTF! I had a bad feeling about this one, no lie! Really! :whip: Corona #4!

remember 2 corona's = 1 real beer.

Smarmy swarmy is gay. Pass it on.

teela is on a tear today :cheers:

Have we solidified our post-Bash plans yet?

I don't remember.

Go Daft.