random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,236 Comments
  • Views 263,429 Views
(CNN)The FBI said Tuesday a noose found in the team garage of NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace at the Talladega Superspeedway has been there since last year and he, therefore, is not a victim of a hate crime.

NASCAR, mentioning the FBI report, described the item as a
"garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose."

The FBI learned that garage number 4, where the noose was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week," the agency said in a statement Tuesday. "The investigation also revealed evidence, including authentic video confirmed by NASCAR, that the noose found in garage number 4 was in that garage as early as October 2019. Although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week."

1592955379302.png

See Bronnie, it was nothing! I understand you haven't had in quite awhile a basketball to dribble or shoot with so you shot your mouth off instead!
No problem, you're still the King! :amazing:

Next thing we'll find out is Hillary Clinton's gang paid for the plane to fly over the track with the Confederate flag!
1592955909609.png

If the Redskins change their name, I bet the cancel mob will be satisfied and that will be the end of it.

:handshake:
Yes, I believe the cancel mobs official motto is: "COMMON ONE TIME!"

I think it'd be great if they instead renamed all the other teams in that division to Whiteskins, Blackskins, and Mexicanskins

Got no problem with a redskins name change to slightly in favor.

to me the Indian team names and logos are always the coolest. If the Indian names are eliminated from the public consciousness lets say, how is that honoring or empowering or helping Indians? Seems like that would be a further erasing of them.

to me the Indian team names and logos are always the coolest. If the Indian names are eliminated from the public consciousness lets say, how is that honoring or empowering or helping Indians? Seems like that would be a further erasing of them.

I don't think the idea is to get rid of any reference to First Nations, just those based on demeaning colonial stereotypes.

There are some who are against any use of native iconography in sports, although I think the Blackhawks are in the clear now.

poor Washington, 1st the Bullets, now this. Maybe they too can be wizards. I believe St Louis once had the football and baseball Cardinals

New this season in IndyCar.

The Aeroscreen was developed last year for IndyCar by Red Bull Advanced Technologies. The engineering consultancy of the championship-winning Formula 1 team originally proposed something similar for F1 in 2016, but that was rejected in favor of the Halo device—the bit that looks like a flip-flop strap—that we've seen on other open-wheel, open-cockpit race cars over the past few years.

The Aeroscreen refines the two ideas. There's a titanium frame made by Pankl, bonded into the carbon-fiber monocoque around the car's cockpit, that weighs 28.7lbs (13kg) and can withstand a load of 34,000lbs (15,422kg). This is enveloped by a laminated polycarbonate ballistic windscreen made by PPG that weighs 17.3lbs (7.8kg), capable of withstanding the hit from a 2lb (0.9kg) object traveling at 220mph (354kmh).

Friday's race. Will Power's crash.

Colton Herta's crash.

Leeds United wins the Championship and is back to the Premier after 16 years.

:critter: