random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,495 Views
Flyers coming off getting humiliated by TB playing some fags from Canada tonight.

I hope they eat their souls.

These fags just spit-roasted your "virtuoso" goalie.

1214-spt-habs-1663.jpg

The way things go with the Olympics in recent years, they'd probably want categories for males, females, mixed, pairs, foursomes and synchronized mega-teams.

That would be a start anyway.

This AAF stuff is concerning. The CFL is gonna lose its status as the place where borderline NFL careers go to die.

New Orleans? Was that always their name? How long they had a team?

No, the owner moved the team from Charlotte in the early 2000s, they were the Charlotte Hornets, then renamed the New Orleans Hornets, then the hurricane came and they moved for a couple of seasons to Oklahoma City as the Oklahoma City Hornets, then Michael Jordan was given a franchise in Charlotte, the Charlotte Bobcats, then through a deal New Orleans renamed to the Pelicans and gave the Hornets name to Jordan's team back in Charlotte some 5 or so years ago

I remember when New Orleans had the Jazz. But now of course it's the Utah Jazz.

It's like the song says:

Utah and Jazz
You can't have one without the other

Oh, I remember the Charlotte hornets and Orlando Magic back when they were expansion teams. Shaq. Come to think of it, I don't believe I heard Orlando Magic recently, they went somewhere too?

Wait, are you saying there still is a Charlotte hornets which is a different team from the original?

yes, Jordan's team got the right to use the Hornets name again, the current Charlotte Hornets

Orlando Magics are still there, beat the Warriors at home on Friday

A prediction.

Most of you have probably not heard the name Ashley Docking - but you will.

She's going to be BIG in the world of sports media. In a few short months she has gone from a few guest spots on Toronto evening radio to a permanent spot on morning drive. She is spectacularly good. She's got it all: smarts, humor, knowledge, freshness. I don't see any way this market can hold her. There will be big offers in her future from ESPN or whatever. I don't even know what for exactly but something.

I will bump this when it happens.