random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,477 Views
I feel like Bonds and Clemens night be snubbed the whole way through a la Pete Rose. Would be a total dick move.

Could be. Never know. I mean, Piazza is in and he's a steroid guy. Clemens and Bonds and A-rod, all first ballot guys, are different cases b/c they're steroid+ guys. Testimony, charges, multiple suspensions. What about David Ortiz - actually has a positive (later leaked survey) test for a banned substance. No doubt he'll get in, writers can't get enough of him.

Pete Rose is a different case, it's not a snub job it is his choice. He was given an ultimatum, a chance to atone, and and he refused to accept/couldn't do it.

But yeah, all those guys were ridiculously good. Bonds in particular.

Has anyone broken up a Top 3 MLB outfield faster than Derek Jeter just did?

With revenue sharing and continued lack of support (at least in terms of $$ spent) from the fans (and advertisers) in the region it was really the only sound business move for the franchise. While I realize there a little bit of a chicken-or-the-egg problem, a minor league fan base deserves a minor league payroll. Tronner, how would you run the business if your objective was to make $$?

Barry Bonds needs to get into Cooperstown. He was a HOFer well before he turned into a turbocharged blimp.

Common.

interesting question, was a solid player, but not convinced he was a hall of famer.
...looked up stats, he won mvp in '90 over teammate and my favorite player, maybe you're right.

anyway I see no reason to rewrite history. If those guys played they are part of the game,
:thinking: maybe they can have a steroid wing in the hof for them. You keep the hit king and home run champ out, you're making a mockery of your own endeavor.

With revenue sharing and continued lack of support (at least in terms of $$ spent) from the fans (and advertisers) in the region it was really the only sound business move for the franchise. While I realize there a little bit of a chicken-or-the-egg problem, a minor league fan base deserves a minor league payroll. Tronner, how would you run the business if your objective was to make $$?

If Jeter spends money on International Free Agents and fills the holes that need plugging in 2020/2021 after they suck for 2 years, Im fine with this rebuild (FIRE SALE).

Boner, there are reasons why the Marlins have a minor league fan base:

-1998 FIRE SALE (immediately after winning a World Series)

-2005 FIRE SALE (2 years after winning a World Series)

-2018 FIRE SALE (launching a right fielder who just won the NL MVP)

-new ownership not being transparent about their long term plan for success

-incompetent drafting and IFA signings for 14 years

-no playoffs for 14 years

I will give Jeter a pass for 2018/2019. After that it better be show time or he can fuck right off.

Looks like Miami will get their second MLS team today.

Was hoping they’d name the team Miami Vice but I hear that’s not happening.

The Toronto Raptors are in first place in the NBA's Eastern Conference.

The Celtics got off to that incredible start and everyone knows about Lebron and the Cavs but no ---> Raptors.

Mixed Doubles Curling is a medal sport at the upcoming Olympics.

Oddly, Canada, who has dominated all the regular curling for like 60 years, does not dominate mixed doubles. We were actually tooth-and-nail to even qualify for the Olympic tourney. But we did.

I feel like our mediocrity must have to do with just not giving a shit. Up until now, its been comparable to, say, Pro-Am golf. It's a novelty that you just do sometimes without giving it much thought.

If there's a big tournament, our best players are doing something else.

But we got some top players to represent us in South Korea so hopefully they can give it some decent focus for the next couple months.

Always greedy for medals, me.

Yap. Gold medal, us.