random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,248 Comments
  • Views 267,188 Views
Greg Hardy suspension reduced to 4 games

Nets sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to multi-year deal

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, who the Nets obtained in a Draft Night trade with the Trail Blazers, signed his first NBA contract Monday in Orlando, where he's part of Brooklyn's summer league team. As the 23rd pick in the first round, RHJ can be expected to earn $1.33 million this season, the first of two guaranteed years. The Nets also hold a team option on the Arizona product's third and fourth years. If he stays the length of the deal, he'll earn $6.64 million.

Last week, the Nets signed their own first round pick, Chris McCullough, to a slightly lesser deal. McCullough, who's recovering from a torn ACL, will make about $200,000 less.

Hollis-Jefferson was traded to the Nets along with guard Steve Blake in exchange for Mason Plumlee and the rights to the 41st overall selection, Pat Connaughton. The Chester, PA native played two seasons at Arizona and helped lead the Wildcats to two Elite Eight appearances and a 66-9 regular season record.

SerenaSlam_960x540_1.jpg

Canada Jamaica today for Gold Cup. I think the Reggae Boys will have a hard time with The Lumberjacks from up north.

Philadelphia 76ers Forwards Lift T.J. McConnell Up for His 1st Dunk

This is just soPhiladelphia 76ers.

On Friday, NBA Summer League forwards Jerami Grant and Jordan McRae helped 6'1" rookie T.J. McConnell throw down a two-handed flush, which apparently has been "a lifelong dream" of his.

Grant is a pretty vicious dunker, so if McConnell keeps working with him, it's only a matter of time before he puts someone on a poster.

Reminds me of White Men Can't Jump.

The chemistry is off the charts you can tell Philly's going to be good this year.

Martina Hingis Wimbledon Champion

Martina was my first sports love :love:

Well how about those Blue Jays? They just erased a 7-0 score and its now 8-7 Jays in the 6th...

Royals win.

Blue Jays have scored 110 more runs on the seasons - Royals are 18 games over .500 - Jays are a game under.

Pitching ---> it's a thing.

Blue Jays have actually scored 77 more runs than the 2nd highest scoring team.

1 game under .500

:facepalm:

the blue jay's run differentiall is +82

usually the Pythagorean win expectation works pretty well in baseball but in this case it is way off for the blue jays

the expected w/l record for the jays is 54-37

i guess the jays are losing alot of close games and when they win it is in blow outs

DaMarcus Beasley comes out int retirement to join USMNT for the remainder of the Gold Cup

There was a long time that golf purists would complain how every golf report started with Tiger Woods news - whether he was in the hunt or not - and they would follow him around the course even when he was way off the front page of the leaderboard.

I defended that sort of reporting given that I was more interested in Tiger than the other golfers - by a pretty wide margin - and so were a lot of people - obviously - or they wouldn't do it. Like they never followed, oh, say, Brad Faxon like that.

There was a reason.

But I am here to say you can stop now. Starting every golf report with Tiger Woods' status.

You can stop now.

Let's get this golf thing going, shall we?

If Spieth could actually win this, that would be epic. Winning the first 3 majors - I tell you wut.

Some real low scores from the early tee-ers off in the third round. I see one dude shot 8 under.