random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,240 Comments
  • Views 264,257 Views
Tried to read a Guardian article about cricket and I don't understand more than 25% of what's written.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-and-a-nudie-run-how-australias-media-reacted

First, the good news: cricket fans around Australia would have enjoyed a full nights sleep on Thursday, following their sides day-one capitulation in the fourth Ashes Test in Trent Bridge.

All out by lunch for a measly 60 was the dire first innings score, with more runs via sundries (14) than the top-scoring Aussie batsman, Mitchell Johnson (13).

And didnt the Australian press embrace the spectacle, tearing strips off a side that went off promising to end Australias 14-year losing streak on English soil, and instead looks like extending it.

Its Pomicide read the Sydney Morning Heralds back page. No less dramatic was its front, which drew on the 1975 dismissal of prime minister Gough Whitlam by the governor-general, lamenting a day-one collapse that will live in infamy.

:what?:

You often see baseball players foul balls off their legs/feet, but not often the other way - off their head.

I remember Andre Dawson doing that once, fouled a ball off his head.

Seemed like it hurt pretty good.

Devin Setoguchis wedding dance video featuring Kris Versteeg and Jason Demers

So apparently this happened:

Jets QB Geno Smith will be out 6-10 weeks after being 'sucker-punched' by a teammate, according to head coach Todd Bowles.

:)

The oldest Montreal Canadien alive just died at age 95. He retired from the NHL one year before my parents were born (!)

RIP Bob Fillion

Bob_Fillion_MTL.jpg

There was a time when he and we all were all so happy and free.

BobFillion82.jpg

Nice card. I might have it, I bought that commemorative box set in 2009.

I fokkin' do.

AZ5mLPN.jpg

Awesome card set. Highly recommended for the jaded Flyers fan in your family.

Bad manners at the Canadian Open or whatever we call this tournament now.

:ohmy:

Kygios was fined 10 grand yesterday and also issued a facebook apology btw fwiw.

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the comments I made during the match last night vs Stan Wawrinka. My comments were made in the heat of the moment and were unacceptable on many levels. In addition to the private apology Ive made, I would like to make a public apology as well. I take full responsibility for my actions and regret what happened."

"Unacceptable on many levels" :laugh:

Michael Sam is "stepping away from football" because of "mental health concerns".

:jerk:

Jets QB Geno Smith will be out 6-10 weeks after being 'sucker-punched' by a teammate, according to head coach Todd Bowles.

:)

Many pundits were predicting the puncher's career was over. His name is IK Enemkpali.

Well sir, he was picked up by division rivals, MY Buffalo Bills.

You do NOT want to fuck with us.

:fearpanic:

Tom Brady was in court this week.

Here is an artist's puzzling rendering.

tom-brady-court-sketch.jpg