Ohtani and Interpreter

• Start date
  • Replies 86 Comments
  • Views 767 Views
Personally, as long as Ohtani didn't wager on MLB who gives a fok. Pay a big fine do some community service maybe and move on

Ohtani "dangers of gambling" public service commercials will hit good

If he's involved with betting one of his own games he's out for life.

If he's involved in betting on a single MLB game he's out for a year.
If my aunt has balls she'd be my uncle

mlb commisioner bounces fist

Personally, as long as Ohtani didn't wager on MLB who gives a fok. Pay a big fine do some community service maybe and move on

Ohtani "dangers of gambling" public service commercials will hit good
I dont disagree, but the rules and precedent say otherwise. Playing with an illegal bookie has been a 50 game and fines in the past I believe.
If my aunt has balls she'd be my uncle
You conveniently cut out the part where I surmised that he is involved. With that line of credit he surely is. Also, having testicles doesn't dictare gender in the year 2024... she would still be your aunt because she chooses to be.

Oh my bad @Tron. Though this was the other thread. Those are just restatement of Rule 21d. So the "if he was involved" applies to any player.

But yes, first has to be proven he's placing the bets himself or by proxy.

I'm not rushing to paint him as guilty, entirely possible he was just covering for his addicted buddy.

But the $4.5m is 👀. Why would an interpreter have access to his bank account? Would no one alert him of that kind of money being taken out? It's possible he knew nothing about it and had nothing to do with it, but that seems like the least likely scenario.

Shohei's the degen, almost zero doubt. The deferred money is a huge clue that he doesn't trust himself with vast amounts of money.

If he's involved with betting one of his own games he's out for life.

If he's involved in betting on a single MLB game he's out for a year.

If he's involved in betting on any sports with an illegal bookie commissioner gets to decide his punishment (maybe 50 games?).

The rules are mostly clear.

Oh my bad @Tron. Though this was the other thread. Those are just restatement of Rule 21d. So the "if he was involved" applies to any player.

But yes, first has to be proven he's placing the bets himself or by proxy.
Technically the interpreter is a club employee, so he got launched for his involvement with the bookie most likely.

I'm not rushing to paint him as guilty, entirely possible he was just covering for his addicted buddy.

But the $4.5m is 👀. Why would an interpreter have access to his bank account? Would no one alert him of that kind of money being taken out? It's possible he knew nothing about it and had nothing to do with it, but that seems like the least likely scenario.
Accordingly to espn he didn’t. Ohtani was paying off the guy’s debt and marking them as loans.

Accordingly to espn he didn’t. Ohtani was paying off the guy’s debt and marking them as loans.
Yes, those are the current reports. Wouldn't be shocked to see the story develop! But who knows, maybe it doesn't.

Shohei's the degen, almost zero doubt. The deferred money is a huge clue that he doesn't trust himself with vast amounts of money.
Do you understand the intricacies of MLB payrolls and salary cap luxury taxes, though?

I want to play golf with Ohtani, Jordan and Pete rose.