Ohtani and Interpreter

• Start date
  • Replies 86 Comments
  • Views 765 Views
In the complaint, an investigator testified that wagers for Mizuhara's account, "35966" as reflected on a bookie's spreadsheet, reflect total winning bets of about $142 million, total losing bets of about $183 million, leaving a total negative balance of about $40.7 million.

@Vegas Dave

Bottom of the article you linked to this thread

Mizuhara had a contract with the Los Angeles Angels when Ohtani played there and signed with the Dodgers this offseason. Mizuhara confirmed to ESPN he has been paid between $300,000 and $500,000 annually. Mizuhara told ESPN on Tuesday his bets were placed on international soccer, the NBA, the NFL and college football

Time to learn Japanese,Matty

Where are you getting $40 million from? It seems like it was just a couple of million, which like Matty said, is nothing given his ties to Shohei.
It does say he lost a cumulative $40M over 19000 bets.

That is an unreal income for an interpreter. :bowdown: Makes his degenerate tendencies even more impressive.

In the complaint, an investigator testified that wagers for Mizuhara's account, "35966" as reflected on a bookie's spreadsheet, reflect total winning bets of about $142 million, total losing bets of about $183 million, leaving a total negative balance of about $40.7 million.

@Vegas Dave

Bottom of the article you linked to this thread

It does say he lost a cumulative $40M over 19000 bets.
Yes, but I didn't get the impression this was unpaid debt. It seems like the credit extended was "just" a few million before he started demanding payment.

That is an unreal income for an interpreter. :bowdown: Makes his degenerate tendencies even more impressive.
This bit is telling too:

"I'm gonna be honest, I ended up losing a lot of money on crypto the last couple years and I took a huge hit obviously with the sports too. . . . Just wanted to ask, is there any way we can settle on an amount? I've lost way too much on the site already . . . of course I know it's my fault."

With the millions he earned in salary, if he was on a crypto run-up or two, could have easily made tens of millions. Which would account for how he could "afford" to blow tens of millions.

Love y'all bending over backwards to accept the word of a criminal degenerate gambler. The naivete is cute.

Love y'all bending over backwards to accept the word of a criminal degenerate gambler. The naivete is cute.
I still think both Ippei or Shohei being the degen is very possible. Not really any bending over backwards going on.

Originally leaned Shohei, but now lean Ippei. You can call it naivete, but this is now a multi-million dollar federal investigation.

It'd be one thing if it was just an MLB investigation, where obviously they'd be incentivized to cover it up to protect their star.

From what we know (very little), feds say Shohei is the victim. IF nothing changes, we have to believe that both bookie and Ippei are ride-or-dies for Shohei AND that Shohei, degen gambler that lost $40m, didn't have other financial issues/never got lazy about leaving a trail.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the investigation eventually reveals Shoheis involvement. But if it doesn't, continuing to believe this was him is the naive side, IMO.

Originally leaned Shohei, but now lean Ippei.
Same. The evidence is too detailed to have been fabricated, or even massaged. But sure, we could be being naive.

Something still doesn’t make sense,the bookie allowed him to go 40 million in debt while making 500K as an interpreter?
For sure he didn't ran it up to 40 without making payments

Imagine losing 16 million dollars and then being like:

“lol that was a silly bet I’m a silly better haha lol”

Imagine losing 16 million dollars and then being like:

“lol that was a silly bet I’m a silly better haha lol”
"My wife is SO leaving me and Shohei is SO firing me when they find out haha 😂🙈 lol NEwayz can you float me another mil?"

In the olden times (1990s) he would have suicide to save Shohei's honor