NHL 2017/18

• Start date
  • Replies 302 Comments
  • Views 22,363 Views
looked through LV roster. They had better players available :hey: wtf they doing?

Just realized they picked up Malcolm Subban and made him Fleurys backup. Interesting move.

:pope: I knew Neal was good

oh Bellamare, didn't realize they got him. that's good too. Perron... maybe not that bad, will probably need a Russian though

It's game day. My Leafs are back in action, home to the Rangers of New York. I imagine I will be able to listen to some of it as I drive home from Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Then, when I get home, I can track the score on-line.

I am enjoying this, being a fan of a team.

It's something to do.

:pope: I knew Neal was good

oh Bellamare, didn't realize they got him. that's good too. Perron... maybe not that bad, will probably need a Russian though

I think Shepyov is spose to be their Russian stud

Ovie with 7 goals in two games. :ohmy: On pace for 287.

No NHL player has ever had three straight hat tricks - so Ovie is going for that tonight.

Also going for his first assist of the season.

I got HUGH bet on Chicago.

Go Hawks.

cut.jpg

HUGH airbet

lololololololololololol

The Leafs had a two man advantage and got scored on. That does not happen every day.

It's odd though, being a Leafs fan - particularly given my early life fandom of the Habs. I'll tell you what I mean specifically.

The greatest Leaf of all time - in the 100-ish year history of the franchise - is Dave Keon. That's an official thing. Dave Keon is #1 on the list.

Now I remember Dave Keon a bit. Very good player. Solid two-way center. Won Cups.

But greatest player in the history of your franchise?

I don't know how many Habs there have been that would be considered greater than Dave Keon but the number would be closer to 20 than 2.

Speaking of Leafs and Habs, Habs have 14 straight wins in head-to-head match-ups.

And they meet tonight.

:ohmy:

No but seriously man, how many franchises have had players that would be considered greater than Dave Keon, the #1 guy in the hundred year history of the Leafs? All of the original 6 for sure - but how many post-expansion teams?

Most?

Again, Dave Keon - fine player. Won a Conn Smythe and a Calder. Coupla Lady Byngs FWIW.

But couldn't make Team Canada. A couple of second team all-star selections was it for the career.

Here's my bold prediction: by the time Auston Matthews is done, he will be considered the greatest Toronto Maple Leaf of all time.

:ohmy: