• Replies 302 Comments
  • Views 22,094 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Did you know there was a time they allowed up to 4 assists on goals? I don't know when exactly but that's what the guy on the radio said.

So with a new season almost upon us, I tentatively begin my new life as a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. So we'll see about that.

Through the pre-season chatter - of which there is A TON around here - I am not feeling it strongly. I still find myself defaulting to eyerolls if not in fact revulsion if not in fact STFU.

As with my attempted Buffalo Bills fandom a couple years back, it might not take.

But pre-season is stupid anyway. How many shits am I expected to give about the battle for 4th line center? Will Dominic Moore be usurped by that other guy? Or maybe even that other guy? It seems totally, like, maybe. Who will be our sixth d-man and who will sit in the press box? Definitely somebody, I am predicting.

Maybe once the real games get going and we are focusing on the young stars, that will work better. I think I might be a big Nazem Kadri fan. Selke candidate maybe, fluorishing under Babcock? I'm maybe feeling that.

:dunno:

I was considering picking a random logo and then rooting for that jersey/sweater.

Go logos on jerseys/sweaters!

My Maple Leafs kick off the season tomorrow in a battle of sophomore snipers.

Nothing like some alliteration to get the juices flowing.

Leafs up 7-2 with offensive contributions from everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone.

A few disgusting goals to start off this flyers/sharks game!

Go Sports.

Marleau who?

Keep an eye on his replacement.

Kevin Labanc from Brooklyn.

I was into it though. Wasn't sure if I could actually cheer for the Leafs but I was listening on the radio, driving home from work and it worked.

They were being outplayed and outshot like 16-5 after 15 minutes and I was all like properly WTF?? Then they scored three rapidfire goals starting with my man Kadri and I was all like, yeah buddy.

I was a bit disappointed when the shutout got broke up in the third. Not that I was watching but I was following the score online and checking who was getting goals and assists. That's the most I would expect of myself for NHL club team fandom at this point.

Early trends indicate the Leafs will vault right past the Raptors on the Mudcat pecking order.

I'm doing this.

Pretty wild night of hockey-season action. McDavid and Simmonds both on pace for a 246-goal season.
:boxcleanersdaddy::clapper::boxcleanersdaddy:

Knowing McDavid is a part of Team Canadas for a good time to come - that feels pretty good.

Pens have allowed 14 goals in 2 games, with still half a period to go. :ohmy:

Ducks look STRONG.

Even though they are riddled with injuries.

:pope:

Sports gab is so stupid sometimes though.

Example: I keep hearing that the Leafs will have a tough time this season because they won't be taking anyone by surprise. The league now knows what all those young guise are capable of and will be game-planning for them yada yada.

Like seriously, no one noticed them like 20 games into last season? 40 games?

I guess not. I guess as last season went along, opposing coaches just figured, 'Well they seem to have some talent there but there's no sense doing anything about it now. Let's just wait until next season.'

Because that's just the kind of laissez-faire folks that NHL coaches are.

How could you betray your comrade, Radulov??

:cop: