Moving Day

• Start date
  • Replies 104 Comments
  • Views 4,251 Views
Random though.

I always crave seafood in this coastal towns.

Imagining some locally fished for-ocean to plate-within a few hours scenario.

Nope.

Alaskan crab legs and Prince Edward Island oysters.

@VegasDave what are some towns or zip codes you'd consider living in? Does an FHA conforming (3% down, up to 766k in most metros) do it for you or do you need to be more than that in order to get an acceptable abode?

Just made the miserable drive to Savannah.

Only because boner had his dumb wedding here and said he loves it so much.

Anything good here? Wtf am I suppose to do.

Also I think im becoming a racism like mrm and Casper after driving through ATL.

Those people are animals with no disregard to the rules of the road!
Savannah isn’t bad I’m learning. I mean it’s not great but I’ve been in worse

@VegasDave what are some towns or zip codes you'd consider living in? Does an FHA conforming (3% down, up to 766k in most metros) do it for you or do you need to be more than that in order to get an acceptable abode?
@Vegas Dave

Depends on your definition of acceptable. Can certainly score a nice condo for under $800k. Home, probably not... but again, "acceptable" can mean a wide range of things.

I personally wouldn't want to do an FHA loan, lots of extra fees and other shit baked into those. Saving up our 20% down slowly but surely! Sucks the economy has unfolded like it has, but that's life.

@Vegas Dave is there a reason why you are staying at a place where the real estate is so expensive? I have seen young couples try and save money to put a DP on places here but unfortunately the real estate appreciation has outpaced their ability to save and they been price out of the market.

@Vegas Dave is there a reason why you are staying at a place where the real estate is so expensive? I have seen young couples try and save money to put a DP on places here but unfortunately the real estate appreciation has outpaced their ability to save and they been price out of the market.
If it were just me, I'd have bounced a while ago.

My fiancée is really close to her family who live here. It's also a good state for nursing with a max patient count of 4... other states don't have a max, so lots of nurses put under more stress. And most of all my friends are out here too, for what it's worth.

Financially we'd much more easily get a home and build wealth elsewhere, but there's more to life than money. After losing my mom I'm happy she's in a position to have a great relationship with hers. We do talk about moving sometimes, so who knows what the future holds.

father kato's ashes were spread in the gallatin river on the way to big sky, brother

hope you had a great time
That's a beautiful river, was admiring it the entire drive to Big Sky.

Love you brother.