Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,165 Views
I know it feels slow and dark and kind of boring but FIGHT THROUGH IT. It starts picking up in episode 3.
It's fine so far. I'll continue to watch.

I have noticed a few actors from the old prison series "OZ" are regulars on the wire.

Oz | The Wire
Shared cast members

Inmates
  • J.D. Williams played Kenny "Bricks" Wangler on Oz and Preston "Bodie" Broadus on The Wire.
  • Domenick Lombardozzi played Ralph Galino on Oz and Thomas "Herc" Hauk on The Wire.
  • Seth Gilliam played ex-corrections officer Clayton Hughes on Oz and Sergeant Ellis Carver on The Wire.
  • Lance Reddick plays undercover detective Johnny Basil whose cover identity is Desmond Mobay on Oz and ascendant police commander Cedric Daniels on The Wire.
  • John Doman played Edward Galson on Oz and caustic police commander William Rawls on The Wire.
  • Method Man played Carlton "Tug" Daniels on Oz and East side drug lieutenant Melvin "Cheese" Wagstaff on The Wire.
  • Tom Mardirosian played Agamemnon Busmalis on Oz and FBI agent Kristos Koutris on The Wire.
  • Michael Potts played Reinhardt in the Oz episode "Medium Rare" and Brother Mouzone on The Wire.
  • Clarke Peters played Afsana in the Oz episode "The Bill of Wrongs" and Lester Freamon on The Wire.
  • Tim McAdams played Johnny Post on Oz and a motorist and school teacher in The Wire episode "Transitions".
  • Derrick Simmons played Billie Keane and did stunt work on Oz and did stunt work on The Wire.
  • Lawrence Cameron Steele plays an Aryan in the Oz finale "Exuent Omnes" and a Western district shift lieutenant in the third season of The Wire.
  • Michael Rivera played Pablo Rosa in Oz's final season, and cameoed on the Wire's final season, relaying news of Butchie's death to Omar in Cuba.
Prison staff
  • Reg E. Cathey played Warden Martin Querms on Oz and political aide Norman Wilson on The Wire.
  • Wood Harris played Officer Gordon Wood in the Oz episode "Plan B" and Avon Barksdale on The Wire.
  • Cyrus Farmer played Officer Adrian Johnson on Oz and Devar Manigault on The Wire.
  • Kristin Rohde played Officer Claire Howell on Oz and a reporter on The Wire.
  • Curtis L. McLarin played Officer Lonnie Smith on Oz and a florist in The Wire episode "Transitions".
  • Toni Lewis played dog trainer Alicia Hinden on Oz and an FBI agent in The Wire.
Others
Shared crew members
Directors
  • Anthony Hemingway worked as first assistant director on Oz and later on The Wire eventually becoming an episodic director for The Wire.
  • Alex Zakrzewski was the director of photography on Oz and later became and episodic director for both Oz and The Wire.
  • Gloria Muzio directed an episode of both Oz and The Wire.
  • Leslie Libman directed an episode of both Oz and The Wire.

Also, I watch The Wire via Crave TV online. I've tried Firefox, Edge Chromium, and Chrome on Windows 10 and when a episode ends the next one autoplays after 15 seconds and this causes the browser to crash 99% of the time.

So I tried watching on Chrome in Linux (Ubuntu 20) and everything works flawlessly. I dual boot Win 10 and Linux and can get everything done the way I like between the two OS'es. If I had to stick with one I'd keep Win10 but Linux is quite useful as a dual boot partner.

David

80’s TV movie.

I‘ve always had a blurred memory of a film scene, where a father poured gasoline on his sleeping child, and threw a match at him.

I was 6-7ish when I saw it, same age as victim, who survived severely disfigured.

I also recalled it was a true story in Anaheim area, where I resided. It was traumatic.

Randomly decided to look it up and rewatch.

It’s just as fucked up as I remember it. Has an effect thats worse than any horror movie I can recall.

7.1 traumatized blittys

96657929_1360599340805549_500099725588955136_n.jpg

Update about The David movie above:

The boy has a pretty decent life for another 35 years. He moved to Vegas, and became a popular artist named Dave Dave.

The father becomes a lifelong criminal and is now doing life sentence. They have meeting after several years, and David has chance to say what he needs.

David passed away in 2018, from heat exhaustion. Supposedly he doesn’t sweat well with condition. Not sure why he decided to reside in the desert.

Note- He somehow became good friends with Michael Jackson-even spoke at his funeral.

Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, at the nudie bar.
Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.
Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.
Where you drink down the shooters, and unwrap the hooters, at the nudie bar.
Where eggnogs are plenty, and the girls all twenty, at the nudie bar.
Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.

Sharon Stone is looking good though. She had a little cameo on The New Pope. Looking good.

I was never a big fan of her work but I gotta say, for now being in her 60's - looking good.

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - My pretty massive crush on Jane Levy is not enough to make me want to sit through this network-TV garbage. Ew.

:redx:

I lied. Wife got into it and I ended up watching every episode. Crush for Jane Levy is at an all-time high.

She seems unpleasant in real life. 😍

Somehow I never watched Patton (1970)

I rarely felt like I was watching a war film that was released 50 years ago. It kind of blew my mind. It took me about 20 minutes to start really getting into it.

I haven’t looked up the budget yet but it had to be HUGH. The action sequences are :10: for a film that came out before I was born.

Karl Malden’s nose is (as usual) a little distracting but he provides a nice measured delivery against Scott’s flammable role.

9 Trons out of 10

Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, at the nudie bar.
Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.
Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.
Where you drink down the shooters, and unwrap the hooters, at the nudie bar.
Where eggnogs are plenty, and the girls all twenty, at the nudie bar.
Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.

Classic Al! :bowdown:

I'll say this about The New Pope: they have succeeded like no TV show in history at keeping me interested in the opening music/titles.

I've always been a bit impatient - often more than a bit - at shows with long theme songs. Even ones with songs that I think are good (Sopranos, The Wire etc.) - I don't want to hear it every damn time. I will fast forward through that shit.

But The New Pope - nope, the song is long but no fast forwarding. I look forward to it every time.

can I get a short description of the Pope shows? Like what's the tension? or issues.