Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 933,723 Views
When did you 1st watch it, and when did you decide it was a masterpiece? :clueless:

...oh man I just found a very useful smiley I forgotten about, it fits here perfectly and it's even called "clueless" :clap:

Man I can use this for half of Casper and Vegas Dave posts :clueless: :clueless: :clueless:

When did you 1st watch it, and when did you decide it was a masterpiece? :clueless:

I'm sure I first watched it the year it came out.

I'm being a bit tongue in cheek calling it a masterpiece. It's nostalgic for me. I think it's one of the best teen parodies, but that's not really a masterpiece kind of genre. I think it did what it tried to do exceptionally well.

Amazing how time flies though. I heard about the new Emma and my first thought was, really? Doing Emma again? We got the Gwyneth Paltrow version. WTF with the super-quick reboots?

The Gwyneth Paltrow version was like 25 years ago.

Man I can use this for half of Casper and Vegas Dave posts :clueless: :clueless: :clueless:
Vegas Dave makes some excellent points, if you're referring to the Coronavirus thread.

Whats Casper clueless about?

Vegas Dave makes some excellent points, if you're referring to the Coronavirus thread.

Whats Casper clueless about?
:clueless:
Don't be so literal Plommster. It's more like me scratching my head, as in WTF? Not necessarily somebody is clueless. Casper gets it :yes:

I guess the next TV show I am watching is The New Pope. I believe it is basically season 2 of The Young Pope - which I watched - and found acceptable.

Seems like a looong time ago - but that's par for the course these days.

Anyway, it looks like Jude Law - who was The Young Pope - is still in it - but they have renamed it. John Malkovich appears to be The New Pope.

Two popes, sounds like.

So we'll just see about all that.

:clueless:
Don't be so literal Plommster. It's more like me scratching my head, as in WTF? Not necessarily somebody is clueless. Casper gets it :yes:
I'm just skimming pal, guess I missed the context, Coolie.

Anyone watching The Plot Against America? How is it?

I saw Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

it's action, Tom Cruise jumps from a building, he saves humanity

4.9 out of 10 Vegas Daves

but there was a hot French girl

:betplom:

What's with all the popes? Young pope, Old Pope, Two Popes, am I missing one?

I was just watching a movie called Closer. Think its about 15 years old. Kind of interesting/original. Anybody has an opinion of that? Was it a big deal at the time or anything?

Man, that does look pretty sappy. But it's actually kinda slick and complex

Just finished rewatching all of The Wire.

Still the best TV show I've ever seen. And my stomach is once again in knots after watching the finale. I am in mourning.

I'll probably be watching it again in another 10 years.

Season 1 - 9.1 Matty Rains out of 10
Season 2 - 8.9 Matty Rains out of 10
Season 3 - 9.0 Matty Rains out of 10
Season 4 - 9.2 Matty Rains out of 10
Season 5 - 8.7 Matty Rains out of 10

:handshake: