Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 933,632 Views
In Bruges (2008) - Quirky crime thriller/black comedy with a lazy Colin Farrel trying to act fonny. Reminded me of one of my all-time favorite quirky caper films, Killing Zoe (1993). Lots of people die and Americans are made fun of.

6.9 Mattys out of a possible 10

Season 2 finale of Fargo tonight. I see a season 3 has been, you know, booked.

Really? I know it keeps getting nominated - and even winning - stuff, but I gave up on it after about 4 episodes.

Wonderful social message and all that - but bleah.

I couldn't care less about the social message.

I like the characters and sub-plots.

Also the LA back drop is refreshing and authentic.

A remake of Pointe Break coming out! :nono:

Can't top these two! :yes:

pointbreakhandshake.jpg

So Fargo wraps up tonight. Finale of The Affair is this weekend. Only a couple episodes left of The Knick.

I don't got much else. Waiting for Better Call Saul and, I dunno, Shameless. Peaky Blinders and Game of Thrones are at some indeterminate time. Humans?

I'm going to have to try some stuff. What about Mad Dogs? I know there is an American version coming up but maybe the British original?

I reordered Netflix on Sunday and have watched 3 good things so far:

Chasing Tyson
The Prince of Pennsylvania
Factotum

Our household is also looking for a new show.

There is some buzz about a remake of the movie Point Break which is coming out at Xmas.

The big thing is the extreme stunts which they say are all real with minimal greenscreens. Wingsuit jumping, surfing, underwater stuff, rock-climbing - all done by experts and world champions and whatnot.

I didn't see the Keanu Reaves original and this concept doesn't particularly grab me, but here is a trailer fwiw.

Missed this post Muddy and seems too over the top! The original is a cult classic in America! Watch it sometime! :yes:

saw Young Adult..not bad. Maybe it's just cause I like Charlize Theron. She has a certain presence.
Like the mood, her relationship with that Matt character, the drinking.
Not crazy about the central concept of her trying to get that married man. Seems like they could've played that a little better.

Our household is also looking for a new show.

If you are making this post and you haven't watched The Knick then you deserve a beat-down. Season 1 was great - season 2 is even better.

Just, as I have said before, maybe don't watch while eating.

Aight. Haven't watched Fargo S2 either.

not really. I remember a scene from it though. The villan fella was fucking a hooker while angrily chastising the town folk, ...wait that was Deadwood

I reordered Netflix on Sunday and have watched 3 good things so far:

Chasing Tyson
The Prince of Pennsylvania
Factotum

Keep your head up kid: The Don Cherry Story

same with Luther... sea.4 started tonight