Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 940,147 Views
This is not Javier Bardem.

MV5BMjI0MTgwMzYyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgyOTg4NTE@._V1._SX412_CR0,0,412,412_.jpg

This is Javier Bardem.

Javier%20Bardem-LMK-102506.jpg

So, I'm driving to Luverne, Minnesota today. It's about 20 minutes from here. I see that it is the setting for that Fargo show you all watch. I read that Sioux Falls is also somehow part of that second season. Is that true? I might have to watch it if that is the case. Of course I was here in 1979. I would be interested in seeing how realistically it is portrayed.

Luverne has a significant role in this season of Fargo. Sioux Falls also comes up.

I don't think anyone is pretending the action is realistic. Well, strike that - I would say the 1996 (?) movie is plausible enough, but season 1 of the show was completely absurd and season 2, while more resembling of the real world, has a lot of bodies piling up and extreme war-like situations. Probably more than they typically deal with in Luverne and Fargo.

I would think the clothes and cars and general look of things is probably pretty accurate though.

A lot of people get uppity about how the speech patterns are presented. It bears remembering IMO that it all started with the Coen brothers who are (a) from that part of the world and (b) known for fokking around - so my thought would be lighten up - it's funny - but, hey, that's people.

Luverne has a significant role in this season of Fargo. Sioux Falls also comes up.

I don't think anyone is pretending the action is realistic. Well, strike that - I would say the 1996 (?) movie is plausible enough, but season 1 of the show was completely absurd and season 2, while more resembling of the real world, has a lot of bodies piling up and extreme war-like situations. Probably more than they typically deal with in Luverne and Fargo.

I would think the clothes and cars and general look of things is probably pretty accurate though.

A lot of people get uppity about how the speech patterns are presented. It bears remembering IMO that it all started with the Coen brothers who are (a) from that part of the world and (b) known for fokking around - so my thought would be lighten up - it's funny - but, hey, that's people.

Got it. Yeah I'm pretty sure there was no (or very few) murders in SF in 1979. Still, it peaks my interest now. I'll have to see if I can watch it "On Demand."

I lived in Fargo for 5 years also. People in Fargo don't talk like that generally, but a of people in different parts of NoDak and MN do. But yeah...it's verbal caricature...get over it.

Thanks for the info btw.

Last edited:
this last Fargo ep6. These Gerharts are a bunch of buffoons. I don't know if I'm buying anymore that they can be so hasty unprofessional, and managed to run the operation for generations. Seems like something aint jiving. And I'm not sure the KC crew is much better.
I mean I'm happy that the town yokels are able to give em a fight but it doesn't seem realistic.

The last episode was the weakest of the season IMO. A bunch of forced stuff that didn't advance anything much.

I did get a pretty good laugh out of the one quote though:

"I could fill a steamer trunk with the amount of stupid I think you are."

03_TED_LAKE_229-v7_hires2.jpg
ustv-fargo-jeffrey-donovan.jpg

it piques your interest

ur welcome

The fok? I think that is the second time you have gotten me on that one. The thing is, it's not one of those times where I say "Oh duh, yeah, dumb, iag. I think, really? I have to look it up,and I still think about it. I guess it's not an expression that I use often. Still, shame on me.

The other one I can't seem to stop doing is using expediate as a word. I only do this in verbal communication thanks to spellcheck, but I do use it. I still maintain it should be a word.

Oh, and for years I spelled sarcasm as sarchasm. There. Now you know all my dirty little secrets.

Pique is borrowed from French. Tu piques ma curiosit.

Expediate instead of expedite? I don't get it.

IAG we'll fix your English in due time.

Here's what I am just cluing into re Fargo. Patrick Wilson's character - Lou Solverson - is going to age and go into the diner business and become Keith Carradine that we met in season 1.

His little rugrat girl in season 2 is going to become Molly, the competent cop from season 1. Maybe I'm the only one who hadn't put those pieces together.

This pic has nothing to do with any of that

images

A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (2014) was okay. Does not seem like something I would ever want to watch again but it had a few amusing moments.

5.2 out of 10.

A-Pigeon-Sat-on-a-Branch-UK-BD_06-600x338.png